Chapter 8: Not Exactly Friends

{Author's Note: Like if you'd like, vote if you want, comment to make me feel special :) Happy reading!}

Ryan marched out of the school, searching for his brother. Lina said she'd spotted him outside, but she hadn't specified where. Ryan knew that since 'Henry' was back at school, Coma would've talked to him already and with Coma's inability to lie, Ryan figured his secret identity was already blown.

"Coma!" Ryan ran towards his brother. Coma turned back to face him and his expression soured immediately.

"Oh. What do you want?"

"Fuse is back at school." Ryan exclaimed.

Coma gritted his teeth and rolled his eyes. "Come on, Ryan, don't be an idiot."

"He's dangerous!" Ryan insisted. "Don't talk to him, okay? Stay away from him."

"Just shut up." He spat. "Henry isn't-"

"You mean Fuse." He insisted. "I know you wanna be his buddy and stuff but you've gotta learn that he's not-"

"Hey, Henry!" Coma pushed Ryan aside, waving behind him. Ryan huffed, glaring as 'Henry' limped over, clutching the arm covered in a bandage. He was smiling until he noticed Ryan at which point his expression grew more forced.

"Hey..." 'Henry' nodded, doing his best to ignore Ryan which Ryan didn't appreciate.

"Hey." Ryan waved his hand, stepping between the two. "Nice to see you, too."

Coma smacked Ryan's shoulder, stepping around him. "You ready?"

'Henry' smiled and opened his mouth but stopped when Ryan stuck his arm between the two once more. "Ready for what?"

"Ignore him." Coma said, pushing down Ryan's arm and patting 'Henry' on the back. "C'mon, let's go."

"Where do you think you're going?" Ryan exclaimed. He walked right behind the two and stepped on both their heels, nearly sending 'Henry' tumbling to the ground.

"Ow." He mumbled, straightening his knees. "You can walk beside us, y'know."

"Where are you two going?" Ryan ignored 'Henry' and addressed his brother. "Dad's gonna make enchiladas."

"When's the last time I ate dinner with you guys?" Coma shot him a look and Ryan lowered his eyes, playing with his fingers. Coma hadn't eaten with them since his last fight with Repulser and Fuse.

"Look, I'm sorry for what I said-"

"No, you're just sorry it pissed me off."

"I didn't mean it-"

"Do you guys want me to walk ahead or something?" 'Henry' interjected. "I don't think I should be-"

"No, it's fine." Coma said. "He was gonna leave, anyway."

"No, I wasn't. I'm following you."

"You can't do that."

"Why?"

"Because I said so!" Coma threw his hands down, glaring back at Ryan.

'Henry' lifted a finger. "Are you guys sure you don't want me to-?"

"Don't you patronize me!" Ryan ignored him.

"Oh, wow! You know three syllable words! Congratulations!"

"Shut the hell up, Coma!"

"Shut the hell up, Ryan!"

"Shut the hell up, you two!" 'Henry' shouted, clutching his throat. "Ow..."