T h i r t y - E i g h t

Start from the beginning

The sudden commotion averted Timothée's attention to Manon's direction. He couldn't see much, only hear the sob of her tears, but as opposed to a sad reaction, to a show of concern, he found himself smiling, all because, he knew she was in good hands.

He knew of his family's ache, of the way they longed to see Manon again, to have her in their lives. She was their family, whether she wanted to admit so or not, and he hoped that by visiting them, she would realize, she was never alone, and there were always people who thought of her in their prayers, who spoke of the many stories she was in, who thought of her late at night.

He hoped she would realize that she had a home all along, and she didn't have to search for one anymore.

And he was right, for as Manon reciprocated the hug, as she felt everything fall apart, she also let everything go, and she didn't feel pain, she felt overjoyed. Overjoyed that she had a place she could call home, a place where no matter what, she would be loved and cared for.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Wrapped in his arms, she felt cherished, and she could stay there forever, cradled in his arms as they watched whatever the television led them to watch. So long as she was with him, she didn't care what happened anywhere else, because so long as they were unified, she knew things would be alright.

Timothée drew symbols with his fingers across Manon's arm, relishing at the moment he was gifted. It wasn't so much as about watching what played on the screen anymore, but rather, letting the sun rays seep into their skin from the nearest window, the quiet synchronize their breathes and heartbeats. It was a fleeting moment they got to thank for what they had, one the boy broke by pinching the girl at her sides, watching her as she let a forced laugh out and pulled away, still remaining as ticklish as he once remembered, bringing a mischievous smile onto his face. 

"Hey"! Manon giggled, though her brows formed into nothing but anguish "Don't mess with me"! She pointed her finger at her boyfriend, the one she knew for sure, was as sensitive as she was. 

"Oh, really"? Timothée scooted closer to her, raising his brow mysteriously, no longer minding the movie that played mindlessly across the television. One as perceivable as Manon was confident he was to lean in for a kiss, but instead, he reached forward and tackled her. 

"No, stop"! Manon shouted as he began tickling her stomach, all while trying to avoid her attempt to push him away "That's illegal! You didn't get my consent"! She continued, tears threatening to burst out of her as she fought to push him off. And to her success, she did, only instead of merely pushing him away, he landed on the floor, groaning at the sudden contact with the hardened ground of his apartment. 

"Oh my god, Tim"! Manon blurted out as she attempted to catch her breath and looked over to his direction "Are you okay"?

"Yeah" He laughed, staring at her from below, her features everlastingly glowing beneath the sun that burst through the curtains "You look so beautiful".

"You can't escape out of this one using compliments" Manon remarked, before effortlessly sliding off of the couch, landing right on top of Timothée, who couldn't help but groan at the sudden impact "Stop! I'm not that fat"! She panicked, her hair dangling gracefully over him, masking anything but her face, just the way he wanted. 

"No, I'm just too skinny" He chuckled as she found herself wanting to tickle him, but also shower him with love.

"No, you're perfect" She leaned in for a kiss, capturing his love in hers. He wrapped his arms around her, feeling her touch against his, no longer minding the cold floor much. But she had other plans, for she pinched his sides amidst the kiss, earning a forced laugh out of him "Payback is a bitch"!