thirteen

Ever since high school, Jennie and Lisa had to admit that they had a small circle of friends.

Apathetically after they entered adulthood, they mostly focused on their career and too busy for social and friends.

Under all of that reason, Jennie knitted her eyebrows together when Lisa's phone evoked a ‘ding’ sound doing their Netflix time.

It was a rare situation, their movie time was never interrupted. NEVER.

‘Perhaps it her mother.’ Jennie shrugged it off, however she speculated twice.

It was midnight, so the possibility of her mother already fell asleep was high unless she had an emergency.

Lisa was displaying that cute cheeky smile that Jennie really adored as she typing on her phone—so there was no emergency.

Jennie attempted to figure out the name on the screen but failed as Lisa already locked her phone and continued focuses on the show.

That one single massage that managed to make Lisa smiled like that absolutely got Jennie restless the whole night.

‘Who was she chatting with???’

____________________

At the office, Jennie was often in deep thought and couldn't think straight.

To be frank, she was being paranoid with the thought of Lisa cheating on her.

But, everything was perfect, both of them always seems happy and so in love.

‘Ding’

Jennie's phone intruded her thought, she expected a message from the love of her life.

But to no avail, it was from someone that once become the reason of her heart beating fast.

It was her ex.

*****:  Hey, how are you? It has been a long time.

She messaged, Jennie froze, this person was already placed far behind in her mind and almost at the state of forgetting her.

Jennie's thumbs hovered on the screen.

*****: I missed you, now that the contract ended, we could get back. Just like we promised...

*****: And I never broke my promise. Jennie, I really love you. I want to meet you...

Typed Jennie's ex, somehow, it broke Jennie's heart as she flashback the day where her parents compelled her to break up with her.

It was such a painful moment that she cried for days.

She agreed with the arranged marriage only for the sake of her parents.

However, that was a long time ago. Everything has changed including her feelings.

Honestly, Jennie felt bad and guilty. She can't let their relationship hanging just like this.

They need closure.

Jennie: I missed you too, does dinner on Friday sound good to you?

*****: It sounds great, meets you on Friday :)

Jennie heaved a sigh, she had to form the right words in order to avoid hurting her feelings.

Her heart only belonged to Lisa and she couldn't see herself with someone other than her.

She noted herself to talk about this with Lisa to avoid misunderstanding.