one

This is it, the end of my life that I thought would turn to the wonderful tale like the one with prince and princess, thought Lisa in dismay.

She only could dreams.

Her heart ached for the nth times as she silently watching her ex-wife arranging the various sizes of boxes.

Lisa saw Jennie halted, she looked at her with an unreadable expression. Yet, Lisa briefly saw a flash of what Lisa assumed pain in Jennie's eyes.

“Are you done with your part?” Jennie asked, dap the thin layer of sweat across her forehead with her sleeve.

“..Y-yes...Jennie...?” Quietly, Lisa called, nervously fiddled with her fingers.

Jennie stunned on her stand, there was something about the softness of Lisa's voice and that caused her heart to swell.

Jennie unconsciously clenched the hem of her shirt, tried to slide that feeling away.

“Y..yeah..?”

The taller woman slowly approached and reached for Jennie's small hands, the goosebumps that Jennie felt since their very first met was still there at the moment their skins contacted.

“I...I really don't want this to end...I deeply in love with you...do you know that..?” Lisa soothingly brushed her thumb across the back of Jennie's hand.

The tenderness of Jennie's skin never fail to take Lisa by surprise, so often she wonders what type of skincare products Jennie used.

Jennie heaved a shaky sigh, her chest felt tightened.

“...I know...b-but...what done is done....” She closed her eyes, refused to look at Lisa.

Those three magic words that let out of Lisa's mouth always knew how to make Jennie's heart racing fast.

It wasn't an issue for Lisa to confess that words almost every day to her ex-wife, deep down hoping that it could find their way to change Jennie's mind.

But to no avail, Lisa admitted her defeat. The contract was long assigned and they are officially no longer wives.

Jennie will never return her feelings.

Jennie hates this feeling, the feeling where she had a massive urge to pull Lisa in for a tight hug and tell her to unpack all the boxes.

Jennie had to admit that all Lisa's belonging that scattered around in their house was a pleasing view to see.

The truck that supposed to load in all the boxes arrived sooner than Jennie and Lisa predicted.

It was time to say goodbye.

Through hooded eyes, Jennie saw her ex-wife took step by step towards her white Range Rover.

For each step, Jennie's heart ached more.

‘This is what it supposed to be right?’

Thought Jennie, felt a tug upon her heart at the moment Lisa shut closed her car door.

Instinct telling Jennie to turn around, somehow she didn't have any intention to see Lisa depart.

Lisa started the engine, while Jennie waited and waited for her ex-wife to go.

Suddenly, Jennie heard the door being opened rather in a rush.

With wide eyes, Jennie witnessed Lisa ran towards her with unmistakable tears pooled in her eyes.

“Jennie!” Lisa grabbed Jennie's wrist, occasionally squeezed it.

“...before I go...please allow me to do this.”

Lisa confessed just below her breath, on the other hand, Jennie was speechless as she waited for the next scene to take part.

“To do what—”

Before Jennie able to ask, a pair of soft lips latched with hers, the shorter woman absolutely didn't predict this very scene to happen.

She never thought that those plump, kissable lips will meet hers again after the first one which is during their wedding.

Jennie tried to process with the moment until the wet, salty taste invaded her tongue. It without a doubt the taste of tears.

The kiss barely lasts a minute, Lisa quickly pulled away and ran back towards her car.

Lisa wasted no time drove away, didn't steal a glance to Jennie, afraid that it will make her stop again and come back to Jennie.

‘What just happened?’

Jennie touched her quivering lips, only to come to the awareness that the salty taste was still there.

It didn't take a long time for Jennie to realise that the tears actually belonged to her.

__________________

Jennie threw her body on the king-size bed, immediately the certain feeling consumed her.

‘This is not right.’

She felt something off with everything to be precise.

She felt...empty.

Her eyebrows furrowed, this wasn't in the plan. The plan was to finally be happy with all the freedom that she at last owned after a long year waiting.

No more Lisa invading her space.

No more Lisa's voice to annoy her.

No more the frustrate to nag Lisa about where to put her dirty clothes.

No more Lisa to tease her.

No more....Lisa.

This is good news isn't?

Then, why Jennie clenched the duvet that still with the linger of Lisa's scent and deeply sniffed it?

Why with the pain that Jennie felt upon her heart?

Why she cried again?

And most importantly, why Jennie agreed with that stupid contract?

A pretty emotional start isn't?