She wasn't wrong...

"I'll admit, I have walls up to..." be trailed off, not sure where he was going with his words.

He moved a few steps closer to her until he was kneeling on the floor in front of where she sat on the couch.

"I am always scared that someone is out to get me and isn't being truthful about who they really are to me. It's happened a few too many times to count and that's something I'm trying to work on, but I feel like your walls are even harder to knock down."

She sniffled a bit and it took everything in him not to reach out and grab her up in his arms, but he needed to apologize first, to gain back her trust in him.

"I am so, so sorry for making you see me that way Malia. I've never been like that and I think you just bring out the protective side in me, which isn't an excuse but I just...I've never felt this way about anyone before, and you just don't know what you do to me and-"

Her fingers were in his hair and pulling his face to hers before he could finish his sentence, and then her lips were on his.

*****

~Malia~

I didn't know where the boldness came from, but it just felt right to kiss him in that moment.

The emotion was swimming in his eyes and I couldn't stand his groveling for another second, even if I was still a bit taken aback at what he'd done to Daniel.

His lips were soft on mine and I felt myself melt into him, arms wrapping around him and trying to pull him as close to me as possible.

We shifted and suddenly he was on the couch beside me and our kisses grew feverish, chills sweeping down my body in cascading waves that made me shudder in pleasure.

He smiled against my lips as his wandering hands travelled down my body, exploring me in ways he hadn't had a chance to yet.

A quick bite on my lower lip had me moaning into him and then I was laid down on the couch, his body atop of me and then his lips were on my neck, my chest, my jawline...

When they met mine again, I was desperate for more; more feeling, more sensations, more of his hands, it was like I couldn't get enough of him.

A bite against my neck had me arching my back up into him wanting something I knew he couldn't give me at that moment.

And then my legs were wrapped around his waist bringing him impossibly close to me and his pelvis ground against me, and I could tell just how much he was enjoying himself.

The sound of footsteps in the distance got our attention and we sprang apart, flaming red cheeks and disheveled hair and swollen lips, I was sure we looked a mess.

I had just straightened my shirt and finger combed through my hair when Gordon burst through the door after inserting a key card and gave us both a suspicious look, especially considering how close together we were sitting.

"You were right about him Malia, we hooked him up to a lie detector after the doctor got him awake with some smelling salts and he told us everything he knew, which is quite a bit. There's some things he'd like to discuss with you."

Louis started to get up from his seat but Gordon held up a hand as if to stay seated.

"I apologize your Highness, I was referring to Lady Spencer."

"I don't understand..." Louis trailed off, but the realization dawned on me before he could catch up.

"He just wants to speak with me, doesn't he?"

Gordon held a grim look in his kind brown eyes, making me wonder why I ever thought he could be menacing.

"I'm afraid so."

"But what am I supposed to say? It's not like I can make deals, play politics..."

"Just see what he wants first then we'll have a conversation and see if it's feasible," Louis said and I glanced back into his eyes, finding determination and warmth and comfort where I had been expecting anger or contempt.

"O-okay."

I cleared my throat and squared my shoulders and prepared to face my treasonous dead-not-dead boyfriend on behalf of an entire country that I was most definitely not in charge of.

No biggie.

*******

Author's Note:

What's up guys?!

Sorry it's been so long since an update, I promise I'm going to try harder to get those daily updates back!!!

I'm thinking 10-15 chapters left!!

What did you think of this chapter?!

What do you think will happen next?

What do you WANT to happen next?!

Until next time my lovely readers,

Kristen :)