Chapter 7: Familial trouble (feat. New guests.)

(( again, no ocs. These characters all actually exist!! Also, please leave comments, they keep me motivated!! Theyre all from BNHA. And no, koichi is not 'kokichi' from danganronpa. Smh.))

Towards the end of the day, after the feast and once the villains were sent back to their room for some 'meeting', Shoto went outside from some fresh air. He'd been stressed lately, and needed a good outlet.

Iida always recommend walks, so he figured he might as well give it a go. The class representative hasn't ever steered anyone wrong, afterall.

But ... stumbling down the courtyard of his school, in the dead silence, caused him to think. And thinking, for some people, can do more harm than good. This mindset wasn't good or bad, not really. It was just panic inducing.

Small things, like his upcoming date, or what Aizawa-sensei would make for dinner, how his father, mother, and siblings were doing.

But one big thing, too.

He thought of Dabi, mainly. His brother, Touya, the guy he was getting to know. How he seemed ... distant. Shoto feared that dabi didn't forgive himself, and the most haunting thing about that was... deciding whether he forgave dabi himself.

At the end of the day, Shoto did. But it sure was difficult. All that pain his villainous brother had caused people- suffering, murders he had committed. There was so much to unload.

The man himself had done suffering, far too much, but he had caused it too, which is why Shoto struggled. Shoto wanted to be a hero, and family or not, it's not simple. He can't just forgive Dabi right off the bat.

The boy halted, his brain fuzzing up his movements, breath getting hitchy. He looked down at the expensive gravel, before clutching his head, doubling over until he fell straight onto the ground.

His world felt like it was all coming down. Just when Shoto thought he could begin to forgive his dad, Touya showed up, and ripped up all those open, GAPING wounds.

He could've just curled up and died, in that moment, but thankfully one of his classmates voice pierced through the air.

Kirishima, someone Shoto was okay with. He loved most of his classmates, though. Nowadays, anyways. He still feels bad for being an asshole to than before the sports festival, when his mindset got changed.

"Yo, Todoroki! You- good, man?" He jogged over and immediately knelt down, grasping a hold to the other's left shirt leave, hoisting his body up just a tad to get his attention.

"I'm alright."

Shoto looked up and met The redhead's look with a blanked out stare. One of disassociation and pain, but covered by an eternal cloud. Kirishima recognized the expression, something he'd seen in the mirror once upon a time.

"... your brother, m' guessin'? I mean- not be invasive, but- I-" eijirou stumbled for words, caught between being respectful and actually being helpful.

Shoto shook his head dismissively. ".. I'm alright. I'm afraid you wouldn't understand."

To that, the redhead grimaced. He let go of endeavor's son and sat down across from him, crisscrossed while his hands folded down neatly in his lap.

"Mm. Well, My brother ran away when I was young. He's, uh ... never kept in touch with the family. So, I get that part ... and. I'm here for you, Todoroki. We all are!"

Todoroki perked up to the mention of kirishima's missing brother, eyebrows knitted down in concern. He had gotten his brother back, atleast, but Kirishima ..?

"I- condolences."

Kirishima quickly shook his head and gave a toothy grin, adding a thumbs up for good measure. He didn't want to make shoto feel sorry, he wanted to console him. "No! No, it's cool. My parents say he was a bad kid."