Chapter 3: Payback (also, the ignorance of present mic.)

((Next chapter will be more eventful. My mental health said fuck [my name] lives and did a summer salt into owie. I'm really lackin motivation, but- still. ATLEAST a chapter and month but probably more. ))

"What... what.. are you talking about? Reform program-" the villain stopped his questioning when his crimson eyes caught side of a certain blonde haired man. He clenched his jaw, growling lowly.

"Get out! I don't— no! Get out!" Tomura yelled, soundly slightly frantic. His eyes gleamed with enough mania to get Eraserhead to help his cause.

Shouta grabbed Toshinori's arm, and dragged him out, mumbling a small explanation in the process.

The retired hero understood, but he was still upset about it. He simply wished he could get Tomura to like him more- but to do that, he'd have to undo everything All for one had taught the child. That ... would certainly take some time.

Was it even possible? To restore Tomura's youth? He hoped this program would work.

Eraserhead, on the other hand, had a different thought process. He knew Tomura was too far damaged to be fixed, and doubted that child had any bit of humanity left.

An evil kid.

The devilspawn.

Aizawa hated him. The way he smiled, the vicious gleam in his dumb eyes, the way his thin eyebrows furrowed when he was getting worked up. The hate was so immense that he felt no remorse as he struck a firm hand across Tomura's face.

The boy shut up immediately, his whole body going still. He froze up like a deer in headlights, eyes wide and ... confused.

Shouta paused momentarily, too. He stared blankly at the ground, lips pressed into a thin line. Maybe... maybe that was unnecessary. Maybe he got too personal.

Neither of them said anything for a whole minute.

Tomura tried to speak, but his voice got caught in his throat. He didn't know why. He'd been stabbed, shot, beaten, cut, and scraped. So why did one slap hurt so bad?

It hurt his insides, not just his face. There was something in the core of his stomach. And it felt too much like fear for the boy to be comfortable. He hated being scared.

Aizawa slowly looked up and closely examined the villain. The way he froze up made him feel guilty.

It dawned on him. He hit a kid. Tomura was only twenty years old, and Shouta hit him. He was an underground hero, and often took down child abusers. People who hurt children would get taken to jail. And what did Aizawa do? He gave into his impulses and did exactly what they would.

He hated himself in that moment.

"That... was unprofessional. Condolences." Shouta mumbled quietly, ashamed of his own words. He turned away and grabbed an icepack off of the counter, placing it against Tomura's pale face.

The child leaned into it subconsciously, his wide eyes starting to close. "What... why- wh.. why are we being put in a reform program? What about... prison?"

Aizawa was glad that the villain didn't talk about what had just happened. He held the icepack in place. "The public wouldn't react well. Plus, a lot of the pro's think you guys actually do deserve another chance at life. I suppose the whole incident with Dabi gave them a reality check of sorts."

Tomura hissed, pulling his head away from the ice pack. "We don't want your pity!"

Aizawa sighed and put the ice pack down on a nearby table, glancing with the villain before he took a step away. "You don't have a choice. "

To that, Tomura got angry. He hated being forced to do things. His body vibrated with anger, his eyebrows furrowing. Most of his face was covered his curly, matted blue hair, but one crimson eye stuck out. It radiated insanity.

"Quit it. You'd be worse off in prison. You'd never last. You're weak, physically. And you wouldn't have your quirk. The serial killers, rapists, and thugs would beat you to a pulp on day one." He explained with a serious tone, leaning close to Tomura with a demanding look. "Do you want that, Shigaraki? Do you want them to bash your head in? Like Endeavor did? Do you want them to hurt you? Kick you in the stomach? Make you BLEED?"

Tomura winced and turned his head away, not wanting to look at Aizawa. But the man roughly grabbed a fistful of his light hair and pulled, forcing the boy to look at him.

Aizawa wasn't sure why he was being this cruel. He was angry- and that anger mainly  stemmed from the USJ. His mind raced, and he couldn't think straight.

"You're a spoiled brat." The hero yanked his head up as hard as he could before letting go.

Tomura whimpered. Then something unexpected happened. He started to hyperventilate and pant, and his body trembled like an earthquake.

The sound made Aizawa stop before he could hurt the boy again. He watched in absolute terror as the villain frantically muttered, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'll be good, I'll be good-"

Then he could've sworn he heard the kid mumble "father".

Aizawa felt like shit. He hurt a mentally unstable child and then caused him to have a panic attack.

"I- Shigaraki, I didn't mean to-"

His mumbling got louder, eventually turning into wails and screams. That's when recovery girl came in and Removed Aizawa from the room while she tended to Tomura.

"I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I DIDN'T MEAN IT! I'LL LISTEN, I'LL ... NONONONO, I'LL BE GOOD. I'M SORRY, IM SORRY-"

Recovery girl grabbed a needle from the drawer, sliding off the cover before finding a vein on tomura's neck and jabbing it in.

She held it there as he screamed. "F-FATHER- I- .... MASTER..? NO- Wh- wh- .... what..." his head felt lazily to the side, and he drifted off into a forced sleep. Thankfully, the panic eased. But who knows what he was dreaming about?

-

"What's the deal, then? You guys keep saying Shigaraki was grumpy and mean. Why do you care if he died, then?" Hizashi knew that the villain had not passed, but he wasn't allowed to tell that to the other villains yet. Not until his condition was more stable.

Toga pursed her lips and crossed her arms defensively, a deadly look in her vibrant yellow cat eyes. How dare the voice hero say something like that? How absurd!
"Are you some kind of idiot?" She hadn't said something that harsh and straightforward in a while. "He's grumpy— but— but a sweetheart! He's just silly and has an ego!"

Hizashi didn't believe Tomura was a "sweetheart". That boy had attacked UA once and had almost killed Eraserhead, Hizashi's best friend. Is that sweetheart material? Absolutely not. Imagining that evil man doing anything legal, let alone kind, was terrifying and unreasonable.

Surely, these villains were on something.

But then Jin bud in, his hands gripping the bottom of the chair angrily. "The boss- he... he believed in us. He gave us a chance, ya' bastard! We'd all be dead without him!"

"You're ignorant." Added compress.

"Tomura was my best video game buddy ..." spinner wiped the tears from his eyes, sniffling like he would with a cold.

Hizashi frowned, his eyebrows raising. He didn't exactly want to start a fight with the whole ass league, but COME ON! Shigaraki is a murderer! He tried to kill Allmight! How ...

Himiko dropped her gaze to the ground, eyes glossy as her expression hardened to prevent tears from actually falling. " ... he used to take walks with me when I got really worked up. I- I- he... he's a good person-" she raised her head, eyebrows knitted together as her eyes GLOWED with hatred.

Hizashi flinched, eyes widening.

"If you EVER say something like that again, I'll cut you." Her voice wasn't as cheery as usual. But low and threatening.

The blond man nodded slowly after a minute of pure silence. He forced a nervous smile onto his face. "O-okay then-"