Chapter 1: the beginning.

And eventually, Dabi woke up. His body ached, and he couldn't, for the life of him, open his eyes. He could hear people panic beside him as he moved his arms, only to feel a restraint tied around his wrist. He couldn't move his legs at all, and could only move his arms a few inches before the chains pulled at the restraints.

He let out a small growl, trying to ignore the drowned out chatter of someone in the background. Whoever was trying to talk to him was seriously on some kind of crack. Dabi didn't want to talk, and no one should have expected him to do so. He couldn't even see, for fucks sake.

"Mm..., sh.. ut up." Regardless of the difficulty that came with the task, he managed to speak, voice raspier and more ... pained than usual. It sounded pathetic, and the ravenette despised it.

He could remember everything that happened that past few weeks. How he turned into Touya— how everyone probably knew who he was, now. It was insanely humiliating and the boy wanted nothing more than the sweet release of death. Was that too much to ask for? Goddamn.

Finally, his hearing started to return. Now, Dabi couldn't see or hear that well in general, due to medical complications, but he could still manage without a hearing aid or a seeing-eye dog. The guy wasn't blind, nor deaf. Just in bad shape.

One sentence was made clear, and the voice was familiar.

Infuriatingly familiar.

Hawks, goddamnit.

"Are you awake, Dabi?" That cheery tone of him questioned, stupidly. Of course he was awake. Did that dumb blond not see Dabi raise his arms two seconds ago to test out the restraints?

The burnt man decided he was being a little too mentally critical on Hawks right off of the bat, so he focused his energy on replying instead of getting more angry.

"Mhm." A simple sound, Dabi managed this with ease. Still, his eyes wouldn't open. They felt so heavy that dabi wondered if someone had placed a weight on his face. (If that happened, of course, he would know because that shit hurts like a bitch. Don't put weights on your eyes, kids.)

Hawks looked down at his friend, leaning forward a bit and lowering his hand over the man's face. He snapped his fingers together directly over dabi's eyes, causing the man to immediately jolt up, his eyes springing to life.

Dabi was mad that the first thing he saw after his nap was Hawks' annoyingly perfect face.

He scowled and relaxed, shoulders slumping back against the hospital-like bed he was positioned on.

It became painfully evident that he should start asking Hawks questions. But that was a can of worms that Dabi wasn't ready to open. He just wanted to lay down and die with his shame— the shame of being endeavor's son, that is.

".... uhh.. what'd you hear abou-" right when Dabi was getting a hang of speaking like a normal human again, Hawks hust had to interupt.

"Don't worry about that right now. The nurse lady doesn't want us talking about sensitive subjects." He stated, looking down sadly. The hero hadn't known who dabi really was. The man never talked about it.

Upon finding out Touya and Dabi were the same person, it became evident just how shitty Endeavor truly was. Hawks' childhood hero was a monster.

Not only that, but he felt extremely bad for Dabi. The pain he must've gone through. He didn't talk to Touya much, but he really did seem like a good kid. It was painful to know that someone like dabi- someone so emotionless yet manic at the same time, was once a timid, bright-eyed little boy.

It hurt.

Dabi closed his eyes again, feeling a wave of exhaustion pass through his body. Still, there were more questions he needed to ask. "Are we ... going to jail uh... uh.." he remembered Shigaraki, but tried to keep him out of his mind. That was too much emotion. "- .. soon?"