Chapter 21: Unforgettable

Start from the beginning

I sat down right with him as soon as he was done cooking. And once he was, I stared across at him. He grabbed my hand a few times and I looked across at his beautiful eyes.

"Christopher, I am so so so sorry about April and you. I know I been saying it since the day but I am sorry. You didn't deserve to-"

He took my hand, pulling a bit and he cut me off, staring into my eyes. "Please Em, don't apologize. You did nothing wrong."

"But I feel guilty, Chris. I feel guilty like I came between you guys. And I shouldn't have done that." I felt sorry for him but his face I could read like a book and he knew I could.

"You didn't. And I don't care about April. Not after what she did. She had said things to you that I wasn't okay with. I mean at the end of the day, your still my sister. And I protected you." He said.

Everything he said was definitely true. And I think it's something family does. But at the same time shouldn't you stick by your lover? But obviously doesn't care because maybe he isn't in love with April anymore and her jealousy really pissed him off so he just ended it.

   "Do you still love her?" I casually asked him.

   He placed a glass of orange juice down for me. And I knew he wanted to avoid my question but he knew he couldn't. Even if he just laughed it off, he was trapped.

   "I care about her." He said.

    I huffed, knowing he was avoiding it.

   "That's not what I asked." I made it perfectly clear that I wanted to know and he knew it.

   "Yeah, I love her. But if anything I wanna stay friends with her. And I just want you to know no matter what... I don't want us to end after what happened." He said, admitting it to me.

   "I thought you changed your mind. We haven't talked for two days while you were isolating in your room. I just assumed you wanted to stop what we were doing." I reminded him, he had definitely had the reaction of confusion but he knew it's what I would think of he locked himself away.

   I took a bite into my French Toast and the syrup was spilt all over it. And covered with melted butter. And it was beyond delicious. My stepbrother is definitely a great cook unlike my dad.

   "I was sulking."

   Like none of us know that, I thought.

   "Your mom is worried about you. And so am I. I'm beyond worried about you after not talking for two days. So I just thought... you want to be alone after what happened with April." I said.

  "I needed to think. I needed time. And I'm sorry. That's why I thought we...as in just me and you could spend the day. In San Diego. Because I wanna show you something."

   "Okay. But Chris, I absolutely hate surprises." I confessed.

      I looked at Christopher once he looked at me with a little smile.

         After breakfast Christopher and I didn't waste time to leave a note for Colleen so she didn't freak out knowing we weren't here. And we only said we were taking a drive to San Diego. And so after, I had gotten my jean jacket that was folding on the back of the chair and I had then grabbed my purse as Christopher had put his leather jacket on and had grabbed his car keys.

     We got outside, heading into his black Mercedes Benz. And when we got in, I sighed, only expecting what is to come. And what does he really have to show me? So curiosity took over me.