Chapter 21: Unforgettable

Start from the beginning

      His voice was soft while he spoke and I knew he was definitely sensitive about the whole breakup with April. And something tells me he feels awful for it. I am feeling so terribly sorry for everything that happened at Christmas. We should have kept our distances. We should have made it not obvious. We shouldn't have drawn attention. We should have been extremely careful. But it's obvious we weren't. Or else April wouldn't have been so clingy and territorial. But I honestly know nothing about what April felt or thought.

   You should have kept your distance, my subconscious mind tells me. Sometimes I wish she'd shut up.

   I hear Christopher's gentle voice. And I swear it is Ty he is talking to. And somehow I just stare at him from the corner, he is leaning against the breakfast bar. And my heart breaks because I can see his head facing down like he was hiding those emotions. And I feel so sorry about him and April breaking up. I should feel happy but I don't. If he's sad then so am I.

    I stared at Christopher for a bit and once he hung up, I walked into the kitchen, prepared and I just wanted to hug him and let those tears fall from his eyes so I can catch them. And I had seen his face. He saw me enter and he looked stunning as anything. Even after a good shower. And I just thought of him. What he could be going through? Colleen is worried for him like any mother should. And dad has talked to Christopher but as stubborn as he is he didn't open to dad like dad wanted. But breakups are hard as everyone who has had one knows.

Gina and April are the only girls he has dated. And I think it must be so hard for him to actually be able to understand that he can be with anybody he wants. He is just kind, charming and a beautiful person. He didn't deserve what happened to him two days ago. April seemed controlling. They fought a lot. And I don't think couples who claim to be madly in love should fight a lot. It's a bit ridiculous. And I just don't like the idea of how April treated him through most of what I've seen.

If April comes crawling back for Christopher I won't be surprised. Only because she isn't the one who broke up. Christopher did because he was fed up. And he was protecting me. He chose me over April because he didn't like it any better than I did. And I guess that's what family does even if your not related. Which definitely surprises me how he actually cared. Unlike he did on Thanksgiving.

Christopher didn't even pull away from me like he did for these long sad depressing days. He looked right at me with his eyes that felt torturing. And every time we touch, I just look at Christopher with my crazy brown orbs, staring. But I only wanted to know what was going on in his head. What was he thinking? Was he mad? Did he love me still? Did he ever love me? Was anything worth what we have done?

"Do you want breakfast?" Was the first thing he asked me, leaving me shocked. "I can make you anything."

His smile brightened up. And I just went for joy inside, loving to see that smile again. But was it all fake? Was it all pretend? Was he only acting like he was happy because I was in the room?

"If you want to." I nodded.

I watched Christopher cook on the stove while I had sat on the breakfast bar, eating a strawberry yogurt and I had a freshly brewed coffee in my hand. But I liked watching Christopher cook. And I just watched him make the perfect French Toast. And it was nice. I offered to help plenty of times but he refused for me to do anything. And his cooking style was obviously wonderful. And I loved watching him. But I was staring at Christopher in such awe.

Christopher was wearing a plain white shirt and jeans. And he just looked amazing. Even after a breakup. I stared at his face that was full attention at the Pan he was cooking on. And I watched him, cooking anything he shoved on that stove. And I allowed Christopher to cook right in front of me. I watched him take out plates and setting the table.