Battle time

Everyone knows and throws off their armor and Allura pilots the Shiro. Each paladin quickly rushes towards their lions and gets ready for a fight. Keith and Lance hugged the racer before they both ran to their lions, not saying anything to each other. 

They all diploid and Shiro car on over the intercom. “Hey everyone, The galra cruisers seem to all be localized in one area. Lance and Hunk We will need you guys to take out the biggest cannons on the planet, me and Keith will take care of the cruisers as best we can. Pidge, I'll need you to help the people on the ground. If you guys are done and we need a hand, lend it. These people are trapped and scared so let's move quickly.” Shiro says over the intercom. 

Everyone knows as they separate to their different jobs. Lance, Hunk, blue, and yellow were easily able to take out the ground cannons, and Pidge and green seemed to be having fun with the soldiers on the ground. Meanwhile Keith and Lance weren’t able to take out the cruisers as fast as they would have liked to. Red was quicker then their pods and the cruisers, but Black and hiro were a little slower. Lance noticed and flew up to join them while Hunk helped out Pidge and green. 

Blue froze one of the cannons as he flew up to help them. “Thanks Lance, good to see a week off didn’t dull your senses.” Shiro says as Lance joins the fight. 

“Of course not, I’ve been itching for a fight. I hate being all cooped up. I was made to fly.” Lance says freezing another cannon before Shiro blast it off. Keith laughs over the intercom and he and Red take out the few Drones that were causing an issue. After a few minutes they took the cruisers and the passengers inside. They found a few prisoners on board and picked them up before heading back to the planet. 

They all stepped out of their lions, and Pidge and green were helping set up new homes, while yellow and Hunk was helping remove rubble from the fight. Lance rushed out of the blue and started to help the people that were still visibly scared. Shiro followed him, but Keith stayed in Red for a little. 

*Purr~* Red says, talking with Keith. 

“I will go out in a minute. I just want to rest here for a little bit.'' Keith says, slightly annoyed with red. 

*Roar* 

“No! I don't smell like Lance, and even if I do that doesn’t matter. I just need to relax.” Keith says, more annoyed with Red. 

*Roar*

“Fine, so I stayed with Lance while he was in heat, I didn’t sleep with him though, and I didn’t mark him. I’m not a kid. I wasn’t going to get him pregnant or severely hurt him by marking him. He did ask for it, a lot though, but I didn’t want to because it wasn’t completely Lance.” Keith says, blushing a little. 

*Purr~* 

“I’m not blushing! I need to go help others.” Keith says standing up and then going to help. Red rolls their eyes, and goes over to help everyone he could. 

"Hey Keith." Shiro says, kinda warning Lance. 

"Hey, Shiro. Anything I can do to help?" Keith says looking around. 

"Ya, stay with Lance. I need to go help with rebuilding." Shiro says, getting up. 

Lance blushed before he turned around to look at Keith. Keith then saw that Lance was helping out two young siblings. The girl was shaking and the boy was crying. Lance was holding their hands and trying to help them. They still had their cuffs on, so they were still stuck together. "Hey, and you please help me talk to them. They won't let me take the cuffs off." Lance says, worry in his voice. 

"Well why not." Keith says, crouching down.

"They are scared that we will separate them if we take off the cuffs." Lance says, trying to calm them down. 

"Hey, can you guys please look at me?" Keith says reaching out and slowly placing his hand on the boy's shoulder. "No one here is going to hurt you or take your sister away, but we want you guys to get to run around and play. We want you to be free." Keith says rubbing his shoulder. 

The boy looks at Keith slowly and tries to slow his breathing. "W-We don't know where mommy and Daddy are." He says through his tears. 

"Let us take this off you and then we can go find them. You guys could cover more ground that way." Keith says, trying to help the boy breath. 

The boy looks at his sister and she knows, hesitantly. Keith reaches down and unlocks the cuffs. Just as Keith does they grab each other's hand and start to shake more. 

Lance places his hand in the girl's hair and whispers something in Spanish to her. She knows again, this time more confidently. Lance just began to sing softly to the girl and boy, easily calming them down. Keith smiled as he watched Lance sing. His voice was soft  and sweet. He sounded as pretty as he looked, and Keith started to fall for Lance even more.  

Keith slowly stands up, and puts his hand in Lance's brunette hair. Lance blushed, and looked over his shoulder slowly. "Hey, why don't we walk around and look for your parents?" Keith says, smiling at them. 

Both kids look at each other before they slowly stand up. As they follow Lance and Keith around, they seem to notice a few faces. They smiled at many of the people there, and Keith and Lance were getting praise. Immediately the two kids froze. They still had a hold on the two older males, so Lance and Keith stopped to. Not too far ahead was a weeping woman and what seemed to be her husband comforting her. 

Both kids then take off full sprint towards the two older people.

"MOM! DAD!" both of them scream running over to them. 

The woman looks up and starts to cry more as she runs towards them, and drops to the ground hugging them. Lance and Keith stand next to each other and watch the family. Eventually the mom and dad stand up and walk with the kids over to them. 

"You are the couple that saved my kids?" The mother says crying.

"Um...we aren't-" Lance says nervously. 

"Ya, thank you guys for fighting the battle here and staying alive so we could help you." Keith says bowing his head. 

The mother hugs Keith and Lance tightly. "Thank you for finding my babies." She says pushing back and bowing her head to both of them. 

As the family turned away, Keith turned to look at Lance. "we aren't a couple?" Keith asks, sadly.

Word count-1,168

I'm sorry for the lack of updates, but you know what, hear.