I'm in a dream...?

Wayo POV

Have you had a regret? A moment you wish you could go back and redo? I did. I wished I had the chance to tell the person I loved so long, that I love them. But my attempts never came to anything.

I would have confessed to him on his last day of school, but his family decided to leave a week before the end. When I heard, I ran to find him and give him my letter but I didn't see him in time, only watched as he drove away.

I wish when I got the chance to see him again a year later, I had confessed at the star and moon competition. P'Pha, I love you. I sang my song just for him but he didn't hear it, leaving early to help a friend.

When I heard he was leaving the country with his mother, I couldn't stop myself from running to the airport, but it seemed fate didn't favor me, and I never got to say it. I didn't even get to see him one last time. I didn't see what hit me, I just felt pain.

I lay on the cold hard ground, vision blurring and the voices around me fading away, blood flowing like water as it left me. I was so close; I could see the entrance but I wouldn't make it. I would lose my chance to tell him, maybe the last one I would ever get. I see strange faces and drifting voices before it all turns dark.

"He's slipping into a coma!"

"Get the doctors."

"Yo.... wake up. Yo."

I feel strange, light, as though I'm floating in the wind. I know this feeling but I can't quite remember from where. I open my eyes slowly when I hear someone calling my name, its familiar but far away. I get up slowly, walking to the open door and look at the strange scenery. Where was I?

"Yo, even in a coma, you brought me with you?"

I look wide eyed at Ming, long hair, strange clothes, what was going on? He isn't the only one, I have the same style outfit. I look around the garden, everything looks out of a book or a drama.

"Yo I have long hair! I'm wearing a dress??? There are pants underneath, phew. Yo I have huge bell arms, you think furniture would fit in one? Yo I think this place is ancient China, like in the magic girl manga you love reading! I wonder..."

He holds his arms up and jumps as I look around in shock. What was this place? How did we get here? If this was a dream, wouldn't I be with someone more interesting, why my annoying best friend, Ming Kwan?

"Yo...I can fly! Look Yo, I'm on the roof...now on the ground, now roof..."

I sigh. He's so noisy; I wish I was still in a coma.

"Where the hell are we?"

"I told you Yo, in your coma." Ming's on the roof. "I feel like a superhero, this is so great..."

When Ming starts humming the theme for superman as he fly's, I ignore him and look around. White stones made a path through the lush green grass to an open space with a stone table and large stools. Covered by a light canopy that swayed in the light breeze, it seemed...familiar?

I walk on when I hear water trickling, it comes down a feature into a medium sized pond with fish. The garden, the pond, it looked as though I knew where things should be. Two fish swam past, white with red fins and a red with white fins...why was I sure there should be a third...?

When a third fish swims out from below a large lotus, I already knew it would be yellow. How did I know that? What was this place. I hurry back to find Ming, but the idiots still at it. I wait until he's down and grab him by the ear. He yelps giving me his hurt puppy look for stopping his fun.

"This place..."

"It's awesome Yo." He stands up, beaming. "We are in an ancient version of China. Look Yo, I have a sword in my sleeve and I can fly and I bet I can do lots of other cools things..."

He does a flying slash with his sword which cuts a bolder in half nearby, making him jump in excitement. Why was there a bolder in a garden...I don't know?

"Will you listen...We're not in ancient China." I tell him remembering this place clearly now. "We're in a book."

"What?" He stops playing with his newly found sword to stare at me like I'm crazy.

"The one I was reading in the library." I look at him. "When you came to tell me, he was leaving..."

"That weird one with balloons on the cover?" He thinks back.

"It's paper lanterns."

It was no point explaining why that was the cover, there was a reason and I had told him a few times but he always forgot anyway.

"Are you trying to tell me." He looks serious for the first time. "We got sucked into a magic book?"

"Yes."

He came up with a reasonable answer, it worried me. Was it really me in a coma? He stands straight and looks around, his eyes focused as he thinks of something important. Did he maybe know something? He looks at me as though he thought of something vital.

"I want to be in ancient China, Yo." He whines grabbing my arm and gives me a sad look. "I don't want to be in a book!"