✔ Part 20 ✔

Angus, Shawn, Robbie, Yandere, Emile and Silver Shephard walked down the side of a closed down highway.

Angus and Silver carefully looked around the area, making sure the coast was clear before they continued on.

They were a good four-mile away from the last town, Emile still holding his wrist that now had a piece of cloth around it.

"Don't worry," Shawn said, smiling sympathetically towards Emile. "We'll find something that will help you."

"I hope so," Emile smiled a nervous smile back, holding his wrist tighter, the Side glancing over to Robbie who walked with Yandere.

Shawn sighed, turning on his heel towards the others before he spoke, "How far away are we from the next town?"

"Shouldn't be too long," Yandere stated, looking forwards along the large path. "About a mile."

Shawn nodded in thanks, gripping his knife in his right hand tightly, "I don't like this world. No hard feelings, Robbie."

"Is. .. . Fine. . .," Robbie mumbled back, moving to hold tight to Emile's upper arm. "Robbie. .. . No like this place.. . Too."

Silver Shephard sighed from up ahead, cracking his knuckles, "I don't think we need to be on the lookout. Seems like everything should be fine."

Angus rolled his eyes as he stared forwards at the Iplier ego. He sped forwards, reaching over and grabbing the back of the heroes suit, pulling him back, "I agree, but watch where you're stepping."

Silver's eyes widened when he looked at the ground, his foot just hovering over a large bear trap that could've taken his whole foot off.

"Right," Silver Shephard said, rubbing his neck nervously as he moved his foot away from the trap, staring at the ground as he walked.

"Everyone, quiet!" Yandere said sharply, holding their hands out to stop everyone. "Do you hear that?"

Everyone halted movement immediately, hearing a rustling from the bushes beside them.

"Get your weapons ready," Angus ordered, gripping his knife, watching as Shawn cautiously stepped towards the bush.

Shawn stopped in front of the hedge, lifting his hand up to move leaves out of the way.

Something jumped out of the bush, Shawn gasping as he backed up, losing his footing and landing on his ass, a rabbit hopping out of the bush.

Angus rolled his eyes, patting Shawn on the shoulder as he walked past the other ego, "Good job, you got scared of a harmless creature."

"Rabbits are not harmless!" Shawn stated, wide-eyed as he saw the animal hop into another bush across the road. "They can kill!"

"Sure they can," Angus continued, letting the group walk in front of him. "You all lead on, I'll keep an eye on the bac-"

Angus was cut off, a zombie attacking from behind him. The hunter drew his head back with great force, headbutting the zombie which caused it to let him go. The hunter then gripped his knife and lodged it into the zombie's temple before retrieving it from the zombie's corpse that hit the ground not too long after.

"-Back," Angus continued his sentence as he huffed out a breath, fixing his shirt before he started walking again. "I'll keep an eye on the back."

"You okay?" Emile asked, looking worried for his Septiceye friend, still holding his wrist with his eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm fine," Angus said, motioning for the others to keep walking, Robbie dragging Emile along to catch up with the others.

"We need to hurry," Angus whispered to himself, his eyes moving to scan every inch of the roads they were on. "If we don't, Emile will turn and we'll have no choice but to kill him. And I'd rather not see that, or have to be the person to do it."