1.5. Dinner [Rewritten]

Start from the beginning

"Ah, oka—"

"DINNER'S READY!" Lumi hollered into the abyss we call the upstairs, still somehow sounding sweeter than a 10lb bag of sugar from Costco.

Immediately, a flurry of footsteps fueled by the prospect of food rushed down the stairs. Hunger was the only mistress the man served and, because a mission had been completed, Lumi had cooked a feast. A feast meant carbohydrate time.

"Your favorite and number one Nari has finally arrived!" The recent arrival announced, then made a trumpet sound with his mouth. The sound reverberated off the walls like one of those 8D music videos.

The king had arrived and all were meant to bow.

Turning their heads, they saw an unconventionally attractive male. Arms outstretched as if he had just finished performing (or t-posing), his flawless face held a devilish smirk that could only mean trouble. Small strands of pink hair escaped the grasp of the crown-clip, emphasizing the mischievous twinkle hidden in emerald green hues. There was a superior stance to his body language that suggested a princely status. Unfortunately for him, he was just a lowly love interest—a peasant.

"Nari!" The depression-curing grin blossomed once more across Lumi's face. At the same time, Keo cheerily waved hello—unable to speak due to the pile of c ä r b s shoveled into his mouth. Leo, who had enough social interaction, ignored the man in favor of his book.

"You weren't number one last night, Nari." [Name] pointed finger guns at him, recalling how she utterly destroyed him in Mario Kart last night. Even though she wasn't as close to him compared to Keo or Lumi, they had a playful relationship dominated by competition: competitive staring contest, competitive Rock-Paper-Scissor, competitive anything. Nari had as much narcissism as a standard Wattpad jock, which [Name] loved to destroy.

"That was a fluke, [Name]." Nari feigned hurt as he dramatically clutched his oversized ego. "I was just practicing—practicing, I tell you! I demand a rematch!" [Name] wistfully sighed, remembering how Nari had to greet Honey VonTwizzler while wearing a sparkly tutu.

The protagonist swooned. [Name] took a picture.

Already making a beeline to the pasta, Nari began, "also, congrats on finishing the Honey mission—" The girl was flattered by the rare comment. "—although, I, in my professional opinion, would've done better." With that, all flattery disappeared like the pencils in a student's bag. The best way to respond to Nari's taunts was to completely deny him.

"I would be honored for you to take my antagonist role, TuTu Boy" [Name] dryly said. "You can even wear my school uniform. The skirt has pockets." She noticed his somewhat disgusted face. "What? Can't take a little cross-dressing?"

Initially, [Name] was unimpressed by his personality. He was just so... arrogant! Nari was designed after a prince—not a chivalrous prince, mind you, but, instead, an arrogant one. The boy always gloated about being a more experienced actor and that really fried [Name]'s rice. Every day during golden hour, he would send a picture of himself in the family group chat. And every day during golden hour, [Name] would reply with an 'ewwwww.'

Yeah, she was classy like that.

"Give me a wig and I'll be a prettier woman than you'll ever be, [Name]," Nari retorted, egged by her comment. His pride was on the line!

"Fight me." Keo's ears perked up at the prospect of a food fight. The last time they had a proper food fight was three missions ago.

Before any food could be thrown, Lumi loudly exasperated, "Please!" The ever-present smile on his face wavered. "Can we just eat, for once? I don't want a mess in my kitchen." Apparently, they all shared one brain cell and it was Lumi's brain cell.