1.5. Dinner [Rewritten]

A/N: I really wish I can make the picture smaller

_________

Staring at the set-up table, [Name] slightly cringed. She had hoped to impress Lumi with her mad table-setting skillz, but it seemed she tried a bit too hard. Everything was too crowded. The numerous plates, bowls, utensils clashing on the white tablecloth resembled a freshman's binder during the end of the third quarter—messy and impossible to sort through. Only the food Lumi made could salvage this hot mess.

Then [Name] heard a gasp behind her.

Swiveling her head, she saw Lumi walk through the archway and holding a preschooler in each hand. Those two preschoolers being Keo and Leo.

"Really, Keo?" Leo berated, straightening his tie. "I just want to eat and go to sleep."

"Lies. I know you just started a new book," Keo retorted while brushing off the cherry blossom petals decorating his head. "You're gonna stay up all night."

Leo said nothing because he couldn't. Keo was saying the absolute truth.

The mother sighed in exasperation, continuing to drag the two. "Let's just eat and settle this later. I just hope [Name] is more cooperative than you two..." The angel suddenly stopped in complete awestruck, causing the twins to bump into him.

"Yo, what the fu—"

"Uh.... tada?" [Name] jazzed her hands, cutting off Leo. From the corner of her eyes, she could see Keo turning red from holding his laughter. On the other hand, she could see Leo experiencing every form of second-hand embarrassment.

The girl anxiously embraced for Lumi's reprimand but, instead, heard him clap his hands in a child-like manner. Those warm eyes glowed an ember orange as he marveled at the sight. "The table looks very avant-garde! Thank you so much!" He gushed.

Keo, not understanding the meaning of subtlety, loudly said, "he means it looks like crap."

[Name] nearly scoffed. "This is why I like Lumi more than you." Lumi rolled his eyes as he scraped the pasta onto a glass plate, yet there was a small smile on his face.

Betrayal covered Keo's face as he shrieked, "surely you jest?! I thought we were besties! I even lent you my hoodie." Puppy eyes bore into her soul; however, she was unaffected.

"Who said you're my best friend?" [Name] childishly clung to Leo's arm and stuck out her tongue. "Leo's my best, best, best friend." The aforementioned best, best, best friend coldly shrugged off her touch.

"[Name]!" Keo cried.

"Keo!" The antagonist mocked, mimicking his tone.

While the two children were roughhousing, Lumi had finally finished placing the numerous plates of food on the table. "Okay, okay—" The two stopped fighting. "—I'll call down everyone..." Lumi bubbled.