Part 38 - Welcome Home

Start from the beginning

I'm drowning in guilt just looking at his face!!!

"Hey, Trouble," he smirked.

"Oh. I was expecting you to be kinda pissed that I almost got myself kidnapped and/or killed - again."

His smirk grew into a toothy grin. He cupped your face in his hands but it was not gentle, "Oh, I am."

He pinched your cheeks, making you yelp in pain, "Ow, ow! Knock it off!"

"Nope."

"Hitoshiiiiii..."

He sighed, but reluctantly released your face, "It kills me that it keeps happening and I can't do anything."

"What are you talking about? You're there for me... more than I deserve," you grumbled.

"I want to rip that creep to pieces."

His tone dropped and his already baggy eyes grew darker. You knew Shinso had this side to him, but you had to admit, even you were a little intimidated right now.

"Hey..." you wanted to snap him out of his thoughts. You took his hand, even though you felt like a traitor in some way, and didn't deserve to.

He knew that you two weren't a "couple" - yet (if that was still a plan...) And he knew that you kissed other people before. Should you tell him, though?

No, at least, not tonight.

"Let's just focus on what we can do - right?" you smiled, "We can keep training and eventually you and I will be able to put away people like Shigaraki..."

He scoffed, "Well, alright. It is kind of cute when you try to cheer me up."

"Is it working?"

"Not really."

You crossed your arms and stuck out your bottom lip.

"I know what'll help, though," he said.

Oh no - your mind exploded. He couldn't kiss you now. You were contaminated with another boy's cooties still?!

You opened your mouth to say something but his mischievous eyes suddenly lifted up from your face. Instead, he gave an indifferent stare at whomever just left the hospital doors.

The heavy steps gave you a good enough guess. Followed by an intense warmth that reached the back of your neck.

You peered over your shoulder to see the Todorokis. Endeavor gave you and Shinso a passive nod. Shoto only met your eyes for a brief second before glowering at Shinso.

You were shocked to hear Shinso laughing to himself. He rolled his eyes, "You are a troublesome kitten, aren't you?"

Did he already know? Could he guess just from looking at Shoto?

"I..." you heart sank.

Shinso's index finger lifted your chin, "(Y/N)."

You felt his other hand at the base of your spine. He leaned in close, but kept his eye on Shoto.

"I have to admit, the ice brat has bigger balls than I thought. But I can play dirty too," he kept speaking rhetorically.

"Shin?" you whispered.

His face softened, and his eyes returned to yours, "I said I would come for you - my plans haven't changed. I didn't consider that I wouldn't be the only one. That was arrogant of me. But you know..."

His words were putting you in some trance. Was this a new development with his quirk? Or something else.

"Nice guys finish last - don't they?" He grinned, "Being the bad guy might finally pay off for me."