Part 3 - Teammates

You returned to the classroom after your walk of shame. Most everyone had already left to get changed into their hero suits. The only ones left were Iida, who was speaking to Aizawa about something...

And Midoriya.

"Izuku," you approached, awkwardly playing with your fingers.

His face turned bright red as soon as he heard your voice. You grabbed your bag and your costume and held them close to your chest.

"Um... let's do our best out there?" you offered with a half-smile.

"Y-yeah!" he said, "You and I are... teammates..."

You could tell he had been anxious and waiting there to tell you the news. Now, you really felt for the guy.

"That's great!" you said, "I'll make sure I don't slow you down."

"(Y/N)?"

"Yeah?"

"Who was-" Midoriya winced. Shinso's mind trick must've been messing with him.

You sighed, knowing there was no point in keeping it a secret. Especially if you were turning over a new leaf with your powers to become a hero. You weren't going to let anyone down, especially Shinso.

"It's a long story," you started.

"All I remember is leaving the classroom and I saw you and... but the rest is fuzzy. I blinked and I was sitting in my seat again."

"That's part of his quirk. I'm really sorry about that, Izuku."

He put his hands up. "It's okay! I-I mean, I did sort of walk in on something. He probably didn't want you to feel uncomfortable... Is he your boyfriend?"

You hadn't stopped to think about your relationship with Shinso. At least, not in the normal sense. If two people kissed as you did, anyone would assume they were together. You rendezvoused with Shinso a few times now, and each time, he seemed to want it to last longer.

Did you actually like him?

"Um. No... but saying that makes me look even worse doesn't it," you said more than asked.

Midoriya shook his head, but she caught the bead of sweat on his forehead, "No, no! No? I guess I'm just confused, is all..."

"Midoriya! (Y/N)!" Iida called from across the classroom, "We must hurry to our fellow classmates! Get changed!"

"On it!" you called to him.

Midoriya followed you out and you both walked silently towards the locker rooms. Since he was to be your partner in this challenge, you wanted him to know as much about you as possible, and to understand him as well. His quirk seemed to be quite secretive, like yours - insane power that came out of nowhere.

Except that he got himself hurt a lot...

"I know you study everyone's quirks," you said, "I'd like to discuss mine since we'll be partners."

His freckled face lit up, "Really? I've been so curious! You seem pretty reserved about it... Although, I know how that can be."

"I have been, but I need to get over it. You're smart - I'd really love some tips or... I don't know," you swallowed, "My quirk saps the energy from other people. The more I take the more powerful I can be in combat."

Midoriya scratched his chin, "I see! But I haven't seen you..."

"That guy you saw earlier," you nodded, "I guess you could say he was acting as my own portable charger?"