"Get to the point, Carter. You have until our waitress takes our orders," I toss out, then laugh as the waitress returns with our drinks.

Carter groans, "No fair!"

The waitress gives Carter a confused look, but decides to ignore him and takes our orders. She smiles before disappearing into the back room. She seems more at ease with us being in her restaurant as we've been relatively quiet. That's good. If I ever got banned from Double Dragon, I'd have to truly kill my friends.

"As I was saying, Shy is too shy."

"What do you want, Carter?"

"Huh?"

All eyes turn to me. "What do you want? You have some preoccupation with my ability to talk to women. Why?"

"Ah. Thought you'd never ask," Carter rubs his hands together.

Knew it. He wants something. What a fuckin' weasel. I really don't like this kid. My eyes narrow on him before turning to Alex. I can see he doesn't like him either.

"Why are you in our friend group? How'd you get in?" I decide to ask. I mean, fuck it. I wanna know.

Tyler's hand goes up, his head bows. "Sorry guys. It was me. I let him in," he shrugs. "I thought he was cool. Maybe I was wrong?"

"Fucking A right, you're wrong," I toss out.

"Oh, come on. Hear me out."

Collectively, we shake our heads.

"I propose a little bet."

"A bet?" I ask. Not gonna lie, Carter is dangling some bait in front of me that I kinda wanna bite.

"I bet you can't talk to one chick and form a relationship with her."

"Pff. I'm not gonna string some poor girl along and then break her because you think I can't talk to people. And for what? You're amusement? I don't need it."

Carter bites down on his lip looking genuinely ashamed. "I didn't...I didn't mean it like that. I don't want anyone getting hurt."

"Take a good look at me, asshole. What do you see?"

Carter's eyes flick up and scan me over knowingly. Wow, he just might have a brain inside of his skull after all. Douche.

"I see a dude who can easily be a super model. You, like, have perfect features. All symmetrical, and your skin looks really smooth." He lifts his hand and bravely pokes my cheek.

This guy must have a death wish.

"Especially with all those tattoos. Did the ones on your head hurt?" he lifts his finger.

"Touch me again and die," I warn. Is he in love with me? Huh. Maybe. Wouldn't be the first time a guy tried to pursue me. They're worse than chicks, I swear.

"Sorry," he muttered. "I'm just answering your question. I guess I see a guy who can get any girl."

"Exactly. So what do you think will happen if I befriend a chick? How do you think she'll feel when I tell her to hit bricks?"

"But, if she becomes a friend, why would you have to un-friend them?"

"I don't want it, Carter. Okay? Fuck me," I run my hands down my face.

"What if you don't need to befriend anyone?" Tyler pipes up.

This is really getting confusing and out of hand. I don't like attention. I don't want it, I don't seek it out. I gotta end this. I look around at the table. My friends are all intrigued. Great. I give up.