Chapter Fifteen

Charles's POV:

'really, Charles?', he had a small smile on his face as he shook his head, 'you don't like it?', I smiled sheepishly, scratching the back of my neck, 'no, its not that, this is good for me, but I don't know if I can do it', he fiddled with his hands and I grabbed one of them, the contact making my heart pang, his hand fit in mine perfectly and it made me never want to let go, 'that's why I'm here Alex'. 

I pulled him over to the table, I grabbed the bandages and started wrapping them around his hand, 'thank you', 'for what?, this is nothing', 'for caring', his eyes seemed to focus on anything but mine, 'I always will', I patted his hand as I was done wrapping the bandages, I handed him the gloves and he slipped them on. 

'so you wanna punch me or the bag?', he smiled cheekily, 'that is an easy answer', I wore gloves of my own and I looked back at him, 'now before you start punching me, I have to teach you how to, your hands have to be settled in front of your face, you twist your hand to the side just a little bit, pull back and then hit', I demonstrated on the bag a few times until he nodded signaling that he got it, I raised my hands up, a comforting smile on my face to calm his nervous one. 

He hesitantly threw a punch, he had done it correctly but it was weak, I barely even felt it, 'Alex that was great but I promise you it's not gonna hurt me so go a little harder', he sighed, punching again, this time stronger and better, something was still missing though, 'you know why I brought you here, right?, all those pent up emotions need an escape, let them out, don't hold back', he clenched his jaw, and I had never seen him this intense before. 

He threw another punch, this time, I felt pain, not from the strength of it, but from the pain leaving his body, he didn't stop, he kept throwing them over and over again, he started panting, I could see a scream or a cry scratching at his throat with each thrust, it made my heart clench seeing him like this, but he needed it. 

In between the intensity, everything seemed to move slowly as his hand slipped heading straight for my face, I didn't have time to dodge, he gasped as I backed away pressing against my aching eye, 'oh shit, Charles are you okay?, I did not mean to do that, shit this was a bad idea', I was gonna let out a laugh, finding this to be more funny than anything, but when I opened my eyes I was met with a pale expression. 

He grabbed my face, gently stroking my eye, 'I'm fine Alex', I tried to comfort him, his eyes got teary though, and it didn't take long for tears to start streaming down his face, I pulled him into my arms, and he cried more, endless apologies spurring out of his mouth, pain was such a big part of love, I now realized that because I wanted nothing more than to take his pain away.

He held my cheek like I was on the verge of breaking, he gently pressed the ice on my eye, despite telling him how okay I was, he still felt like he was going to hurt me, 'I am more than fine Alex I swear', he shushed me, 'this is my fault and I'm gonna take care of it', I sighed but didn't complain further. 

I heard footsteps and my attention turned to the door, the figure stopped at the door, her eyes wide and her jaw touching the floor, 'what the hell happened here?', Alexander looked to the door an apologetic look on his face, his hand that was on my cheek fell on top of mine, I squeezed it reassuringly. 

Alana strutted towards me, 'I thought I freaking told you to stop boxing till after the stupid party was over', I opened my mouth to speak but Alex stopped me, 'it was my fault, I hit him', her head snapped to him, her eyes flaming with anger, 'you're telling me you punched him in the face?', he sighed, 'long story but yeah, pretty much', she clenched her jaw taking a deep breath, she reached for the ice and grabbed it from Alex. 

'please just leave, let me handle this mess', his face turned sad and he nodded, he walked away and I felt his hand slowly let go of mine, it seemed like this happened too often, I let him go because I was afraid of saying anything, and he walked away because he was afraid to object, and we lived in constant fear of our feelings, I just wanted it all to end.

My head was against my pillow and my covers were pulled over my body but I didn't feel restful, I quickly grabbed my phone and unlocked it, my fingers roamed around the keyboard for what felt like forever, I wrote a million texts, eventually settling on one, 'hey'. 

It felt like forever again until he started typing back, 'hi', 'how are you feeling?, does it hurt a lot?, I'm so sorry', I let out a small laugh at the stream of texts, 'I am okay, being punched by you was the most exciting thing to ever happen to me', 'of course it was', I pulled my phone back and took a photo with a thumbs up to assure him I was alright. 

'that looks bad, are you sure it doesn't hurt?', 'if I say that I am in excruciating pain would it get you to come to my room?', 'no but I'll send a get well soon card with one of the maids', 'haha very funny, I want you to come over though :(', 'get some rest and you'll see me in your dreams :)'. 

'I hate you', 'the feeling is mutual', 'sleep well shithead <3', 'that was very endearing of you, thanks, and you too', I closed my phone, putting it back on the bedside table, sleep still didn't cross my mind, but I was gonna spend my night with completely different thoughts than the one's I had a few minutes ago.