Chapter Thirty-six

Alexander's POV:

'come again?', he looked to be in disbelief, I sighed, 'its not the best but it might be our only option', he was quick to shake his head, 'Alex there is no way you're doing that, it'll kill any chance you have of a normal life', 'what else are we gonna do?, this woman risked her life for you, so I'm simply paying her back', he breathed in sharply, 'I can't lose you again', he bit his lip and looked away, his eyes slightly teary, I cupped his cheek and turned his face back towards me, 'and you never will'. 

'you can't be sure', I gulped, closing my eyes for a second and hesitantly opening them, 'actually I can', he raised an eyebrow, 'give me a minute', I pulled my phone out and dialed a number, thankfully he answered quickly, 'hey Alexander, so nice to hear from you, I got the painting a few days ago, it's amazing', I smiled, 'I'm glad you liked it, I was actually calling to ask you something', 'yeah sure, what's up?'. 

I clenched my jaw, feeling guilty about asking, 'I need a favor', he hummed for me to continue, sounding unsure, 'I am about to do something slightly risky and I need to know the outcome, think you can do that?', he sighed, and I knew that couldn't be a good sign, 'I'm sorry Alex, I don't do readings anymore', 'but you did one for me last time I saw you', 'that was needed, I quit three years ago and my health isn't stable enough to get back into it'. 

I felt myself get anxious but I chose to ignore it, 'yeah I probably shouldn't pressure you, I'm sorry AJ', there was a bit of silence and it made me question if he was still there, 'you make good choices Alex, trust your choice always', 'thank you', my voice was low as I hung up and looked at Charles, 'who's AJ?, and what was that all about?', 'it's a long story, but there is no way to be sure that this is gonna go well'. 

He bit his lip, 'which means we aren't doing it', I shook my head, 'it's a risk but that's life and no other solution is going to work', I could see him growing more frustrated with the realization that I was right, instead of admitting it, he called for Simpson, I gave him a "really?", look and he shrugged, Simpson walked in, his smile dropping slightly at the sight of us, 'what's wrong?', he sat down, a serious look on his face. 

I opened my mouth to speak but Charles interrupted me, 'someone helped me get out of the castle and people are starting to catch on, she's in trouble, Alex thinks that the only way to get her out of it is to tell everyone who he really is', Simpson's eyes widened, 'have you lost your mind?, there is no way in hell you're doing that', I flinched as I had never seen him be this angry, he noticed and took a deep breath, calming himself down. 

'you would be putting your entire life on the line if you do this Alexander', I sighed, 'I know that, but she did the same to get Charles here even though she had no reason to do so', he sighed, lightly shaking his head, 'I'm 18 pops, the least you could do is support my decisions', he looked thoughtful for a moment, 'messing with power is no joke', I smiled bitterly, 'well then I'm lucky that power runs through my veins too'. 

With doubtful eyes, and a small kind smile, he nodded, 'I support your decision', I turned to Charles with questioning eyes to get his answer too, he looked scared, but his shaky hand reached out to hold mine anyways, I stroked it comfortingly, 'I'm with you no matter what', I smiled in an attempt to dissolve his fear and bring him warmth, however, it did not work on the bits of fear forming themselves inside of me.

Charles climbed in the backseat and Warren gave me a hesitant smile as he got into the car too, I turned to Simpson and he let out a deep breath, 'are you sure about this?', I nodded, giving him a small smile, I had no clue what I was doing, Charles rolled down his window and gave me a look, I quickly hugged Simpson and got into the front seat.