Chapter 13 - Friday the 13th

Start from the beginning

He could not go around the city undisturbed searching for them, even if there were few people outside that could have caused him problems and he was in a hurry.

Once the numbers of the rooms that interested him were memorized, he turned in the direction of the stairs leading to the upper floor. He pulled the machete out of its sheath and went up.

The Park spouses had been in the dream world for some time. Mr. Park was a huge horror enthusiast since he was a boy. At the first good opportunity he had dragged his wife with him to the town of Crystal Lake, crowning one of his dreams, with the promise to take her for a nice vacation wherever she wanted ... after a careful visit to JasonVoorhees' birthplace, of course. Ms. Park had finally accepted and so here they are, in the dark room number 104 of a pretty nice hotel, in a small town also apparently pretty.

When Jason, with the help of one hand, forced the door and opened it, they heard nothing. Mr. Park snored loudly and his wife had been accustomed to sleeping for years with that incessant noise beside her, so powerful that it even covered the sound of metal that bends and wood that falls apart. The two were found with their eyes wide open in terror on their bed, in a lake of their own blood.

Even before opening the door Jason felt his anger grow: that damned sound annoyed him more than a little and therefore he wasted no time in eliminating the first two trespassers. Initially he had fantasized about killing just one of them and waiting for the other to wake up, just to see what he would do. Or tried to do. But those two seemed to be heavy sleepers, so he simply cut the husband's throat with the machete, with a deep and fast cut, and then planted it in his wife's chest, hitting the heart with surgical precision without even touching the ribs. The first managed to emit only a few gurglings before he died, the second a single verse of surprise and fear. That hateful noise had finally stopped and Jason heaved a sigh of relief, left the room and closed it behind him and went to the next.

The Abrams had ended up in the city by accident; they were on a trip on the road and had decided only for convenience, and later out of curiosity, to stop for a while in Crystal Lake. They were due to leave the next day in the afternoon. Their room was 113 - a warning number apparently. The TV was on an action movie that Ms. Abrams was distractedly watching lying on the bed, but paying more attention to her cell phone while her husband was in the bathroom taking a shower. Again, when they noticed Jason, it was already too late.

Arriving in front of the door to the second room, the killer stood still for a moment. He heard noises, whoever was inside was awake and therefore he would have to hurry to avoid creating unnecessary alarms. He turned the handle hoping that the noise would be covered by the others and was surprised when the lock did not give in to his strength, being already open. Maybe they forgot to lock, or maybe they didn't think it was necessary. What idiots, he thought. Slowly he opened the door and silent as a shadow, despite his size, he entered, closing the door with equal attention. From where he was he could see most of the room, including the legs of the lady who was lying on the bed. Thanks to the presence of a wall, inside which the bathroom was located, she could not see him and he could not see her in the face. To avoid making mistakes, Jason ran the risk of being seen, leaning just a little. As soon as he could see the woman's face, and recognized it, the sound of the water stopped: he understood that he had to hurry.

Silently he opened the bathroom door a little, spying inside. There was man wrapped in a bathrobe with his back turned on him and a large mirror on the sink, heavily misted with steam. He slipped inside the little room and before the man, that feeling a stream of cold air had turned, could make even a sound, Jason grabbed him by the face, covering his mouth and preventing him from screaming, pushing him against a wall and making his head hit the tiles. The blow was strong enough to daze him, but the sound alerted his wife.