Chapter 3

The door opened and a cat leapt from your lap, it must have been Shota, the cats were never as excited to see you or Hizashi.

"Hey, Honey." He greeted from the doorway, the cats rubbing against his legs and purring. He stepped out of his boots and walked over to the couch and kissed your head.

"You stole my cuddle buddy." You whined as the one of the cats jumped up on the couch back and nudged at his arm for pets.

He smiled and chuckled as he rubbed the cat's head between her ears. He was in a good mood, there must have been some progress with his class today. When he looked back at you his smile faltered, catching sight of the ice pack draped over your shoulder "What happened to your shoulder?"

You leaned your head back, resting it on the couch back and looked up at him. "I got shoved into a car mirror last night, it's just sore. I'm okay."

He gingerly lifted the ice pack and prodded at the sore area, you hissed when he hit a particularly raw spot. He immediately stopped and gingerly placed the ice pack back down. "You're really bruised up, does your arm or hand hurt?"

"Nope."

"Can you feel them?"

"Yup."

"Good, let me know if anything changes." Shota grabbed your hand and raised it to his mouth and gave it a kiss. Shota wasn't one to dwell on things, he knew full well that you had been a hero for years before you had even met either him or Hizashi and he knew you could take care of yourself, more or less. "Hizashi's stopping to get dinner on the way home."

"M'kay." You sunk down into the couch, the pillowy cushions swallowing you up as one of the cats curled up into your side. Shota went to the bedroom to change out of his work clothes and you found your eyes drooping closed, the rhythmic purring at your side lulling you to sleep.