Chapter 1

This story is being posted in chapters because it is a longer story. I want it to be able to be enjoyed in multiple sittings without loosing your place. Please enjoy!!!

The moon had sunken below the skyline, the fiery halo of the sun swelling into the sky. The neighbourhood began to wake up from its quiet slumber, the approaching morning held no memory what happened in the dark streets and secluded alley of the night. You rubbed your shoulder, a bruise forming from an altercation with a mugger early in the evening. He was quirkless from what you could tell so you had let your guard down for a brief moment. He was strong and managed to shove you into a car mirror before you made the arrest. There were a few more altercations littered throughout the night but nothing that the average police patrol wouldn't have been able to handle.

            If you were honest with yourself, you didn't think you'd have been able to handle any proper villain activity. For the last week or so you were feeling sluggish and all together unmotivated. The air had begun to turn cold; leaves browned and fell to the streets and the sun set earlier and rose later. It was the change of seasons that was the hardest time for you, the promise of months of frigid air and dark skies felt worse than the actual winter. Regardless of the cool air the sun rose; and the sky went from indigo to pink to orange to yellow and eventually, as you made it to the front door of your building, a cloudless blue.

            You struggled with your keys, you had too many keys and they all looked the same. There were keys to the apartment door, the building garage, your agency's front door, your agency's back door and your parent's properties, not to mention you had been given spare car keys to both Hizashi and Shota's cars. Shota must have heard you trying to jam a wrong key into the deadbolt because he opened the door just as you were about to try another.

            "G'morning." He hummed. The apartment was still relatively dim, the only lights on were a table lamp in the sitting area and the light in the vent above the stove.

"How was patrol?" He leaned and gave you a quick peck on the lips, his hand still holding the door open.

You revelled in the delicate kiss and lowered you head to rest on his chest. Using him as a balance point the began working off your boots. "It was long." You mumbled into his chest.

"Did something happen?" he closed the door and his hand found the top of you head and began rubbing soothing circles into your scalp.

"No, not really. It was just long, boring, cold." You looked up at him, your chin resting on his chest. He smiled warmly at you and wrapped his arms around your torso, placing a kiss on your forehead. Shota knew, you knew he knew because he also hated the changing of seasons.

"Do you want some food? I'm making breakfast." He asked, placing his head on top of yours.

            This was your favorite part of the mornings after patrol; Shota was always more affectionate during this time or day. Nothing had happened yet to sour his mood or exhaust him. He'd showered, you could smell the musky soap through his sweater and his hair was ever so damp to the touch as you hugged him back. He was warm and comforting and you almost forgot about the chill in the air and the decaying leaves littering the ground.

            "I'm just going to go to sleep. Thank-you though, baby." You lifted yourself up on your toes and pecked his lips.

"I'll save you some for later." Shota squeezed you tight then let you go and walked towards the kitchen. "Can you make sure Hazashi's up before you go to sleep? I've been trying to get him up for twenty minutes."

            You smiled to yourself, the dynamic between your two partners in the morning was the exact opposite of what you had expected when you first moved in. Hizashi was terrible at getting up while Shota rarely needed to hit snooze. When Shota needed to wake up he woke up, he'd have to sooner or later so why prolong the inevitable, he could just go back to sleep later. Hizashi on the other hand was always savouring things, food, sleep, kissing, everything.

            Hizashi was sprawled out on the bed, lying on his stomach, wrapped up in his long wild hair. One hand was tucked under the pillow, the other held his phone; the alarm slowly counting down it's snooze time. You took off your armoured jacket, a new addition to your hero costume as requested by your agency since the league of villains seemed to grow more and more bold, and crawled across the bed towards him. You plucked the phone out of his hand and turned the alarm off, placing it on the nightstand. You started at his shoulder; planting kissed on his bare skin, up his neck, along his jaw, across his check until you reach his mouth. With his eyes still closed he kissed you back, humming into the kiss.

            "You have to get up, babe." You whispered and kissed the tip of his nose.

            Hizashi sighed and wrapped his arms around your neck. "No."

            You smiled into him. Hizashi was always affectionate, so much so that you had to be sure not sit next to him during meetings and preferred not to patrol with him. It's not that he was inappropriate in public or didn't understand professional boundaries. It was that Hizashi's love language was physical contact and he found it almost torturous to be around you or Shota and not be able to hold your hands or wrap his arms around your waists. Shota was much more of an act of service type of lover, though he thought the love language theory was total bullshit.

            "Yes," you said as you rolled away from him, pushing off from his chest. "you have to go to work."

            He opened his eyes, squinting at you into the dark room. "Why don't you have to go work?"

            "Because," You rolled to your side of bed and started sliding your tactical pants off. "I was up all night working."

            He smiled and pretended he was listening as his eyes drooped shut again.

            "Oh, no you don't." you muttered and started to push him off the bed with your feet. His eyes flew open as soon as the sensation of falling hit him and he caught himself just before he hit the ground.

            Pouting, he pushed himself into a standing position and stretched upwards, his fingers nearly brushing the low ceiling.

"You were so nice earlier." He grumbled. He ran his hand over the nightstand blindly and grabbed his glasses. He crawled back onto the bed and kissed your cheek. "Get some sleep, babe."

You wrapped yourself in the bed sheets, Shota and Hizashi's scent all over them, as he walked out into the living area and closed the door behind himself.