30 - The principal

Start from the beginning

"N-no I'm fine, like I said, I just needed some time away," Cheryl fibbed, masking the pain in her expression.

"You don't have to lie to me, Cheryl. You can always tell me how you really feel,"

"Alright," the redhead sighed "I'm pretty heartbroken and pissed at Toni for ch-cheating," she could barely say it, "I thought she was different from everyone else,"

"If you really think about it, the video did show Veronica kissing Toni,"

"I guess..." Cheryl muttered.

"You should try talking to her again," Josie suggested "Don't push her away this time,"

"I feel like it's too soon, I don't really want to hear from her after what she did,"

"Cheryl, you can't put all the blame on Toni," couldn't she do that?

ding

"Wait one second, I just got a text from..." the redhead elongated the word as searched her handbag "... oh, 'Veronica', I should probably block her too,"

"Just check to see what she said, at least," Josie pleaded.

"Fine, I guess," the redhead sighed as she unlocked her phone.

Veronica: Look, I know it's not the perfect moment but you need to come back to school, Toni might get suspended

"Suspended? For what?" Cheryl raised an eyebrow in confusion as she muttered under her breath.

"What does it say?" Josie asked.

"She said that Toni might be in trouble,"

"For what?"

"She didn't mention it, I don't really care, though" Cheryl shrugged.

"Come on," Josie groaned "You have to talk to her eventually, especially at times like these,"

"I not sure that's the best-" the redhead stopped her sentence as Josie grabbed her by the wrist and led her out the door,"

"Put it on my card, Pop!" she shouted before being dragged out.

Toni's pov

Toni watched the door to Weatherbee's office open as three students from the change room walked out. The principal stepped out of the office and turned his head to the Serpent's direction. He gestured to the door, telling Toni it was her turn. She and Veronica got up from her seat and headed towards the office.

"Miss Lodge," he looked back at Veronica, "what are you doing here?"

"Can't she comes with me?" Toni turned her head to t raven-haired girl.

"I'll allow it," he sighed "Just do not disrupt this,"

"Yes, sir, the raven-haired girl answered quickly.

Principal Weatherbee sat down at his desk, gesturing the two girls to sit in the chairs in front of him. He wrote a few notes in a finder and glanced back at the Serpent.

"Let's see what we have on our hands," principal Weatherbee said as he took a look at Toni's file. She felt as if she was being interrogated at the sheriff's station all over again. "Skipping class, entering the boy's change room," he began listing.

"But I did that with her," Veronica spoke up "Why is she in trouble for that?"

"Do not interrupt me miss Lodge," he ordered "Now where were we... ah yes, threatening another student physically injuring another student and possessing a weapon on school property,"

"Chuck's the one who took my pocket knife," Toni defended herself.

"And he made threats towards Toni," the raven-haired girl added.

"Miss Lodge, show a bit of respect or I will have to ask you to leave," the principal pointed to the door leading out "Listen miss Topaz, from what most people said, you were the one to engage first,"

"What happened to the 'I don't care who started it' bullshit most teachers go on about?" the Serpent crossed her arms.

"Watch your language when you are speaking to me," he said in an oppressive tone "Most teachers aren't dealing with students pulling out knives on each other,"

"So what? Are you going to suspend me or some bullsh-bull crap,"

"In actuality, it would be more sensible if we were to-"

Toni heard the doorknob click, followed by the sound of the door creaking open. To her surprise, she turned her head to see Cheryl standing in the door frame.

"Miss Blossom, what is the meaning of interrupting us at the moment. Did the secretary say you could come in?"

"Not really," she admitted "I just want to know what's going on, with Toni,"

The Serpent began to wonder if maybe, Cheryl worried about and thought of her considerately. She wouldn't blame her if she didn't either.

"We were just about to discuss Antoinette's expulsion," the principal answered.