6 - Big Brother

Cheryl's pov

It was after school hours and Cheryl was finishing up Vixen practice. As always, she was unimpressed with their work.

"Alright, it's not triggering my gag reflex but as always, you know you can do much better than that," she said harshly as the Vixens went into the change room.

-

Cheryl fixed her makeup looking in her hand mirror as she left the change room. She glanced up to the right to see Toni step out from the opposite end of the hall. What was she doing here after school hours? Vixen practice was cut short but it was still a solid half hour.

Cheryl really hoped to avoid Toni after what happened in the restroom. She headed towards the right to try to steer clear of her.

"Cheryl? Wait!" Toni called out as Cheryl began to speed walk.

Toni went after the redhead and caught up to her.

"Cheryl, please," the serpent said, holding Cheryl's hand. She pulled her arm away in stress.

"So now you're stalking me," She said sarcastically "What are you still doing here?"

"A couple of serpents and I were trying to convince Weatherbee to let us start a club," she answered " but that's not important. I just wanted to ask, what happened earlier?" she said in a concerned tone.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Cheryl really wanted to avoid the subject.

"You know... why you suddenly ended our conversation in class and then I found you in the restroom clearly upset,"

"I do not open up about my personal business to snakes!" Cheryl's voice trembled. It was hard to be rude to Toni, Cheryl couldn't think of a reason why.

"It's alright, you can talk to me," Toni said in a calming manner" I can tell you're hurt," she really did make her feel safe.

"I-" she was interrupted by Betty calling her "...I got to go," Cheryl walked away answering her phone.

"Yes, cousin..."

Toni's pov

She watched Cheryl walk away a bit nervously. Toni really wished she would be more honest with her. Guess she'll have to try at the Thorn Hill tonight. Which reminds her, she has to get ready for the party. Toni got into her car and drove back home.

When she arrived at Sunnyside trailer park, she noticed Ryder's car parked near her trailer. Toni hasn't seen her older brother in weeks.

They were both really close and had a strong sibling relationship. Ryder, unlike Toni, never saw the appeal into joining the Serpents. He focussed more on his education and studies so he could get into his dream college, Highsmith. Which he did, so Toni doesn't get much opportunity to see him often. This must be a surprise visit.

"Hey, Tater Tot" her brother greeted as Toni opened the door "Come give me a squeeze," he said with open arms.

"How's it been, Rye Bread," she said, giving her brother a warm hug.

"It's been great," he said, sitting down on her couch "Amira and I are really getting close," Amira was Ryder's new girlfriend. She has never seen her yet, only in pictures, but Ryder tells Toni great stories about her.

"I'm glad your happy with your girlfriend,"

"Speaking of girlfriends," he said with a smirk "is my lil sis still single?"

"We'll see tonight," she grinned.

"Oooh, you got your eye on a girl," he teased.

"Oh shut up, idiot," she said, playfully throwing a pillow at his face. "I got to go get ready for a party," she said, heading towards her room.

"I thought gangs only went to parties if there was complementary jingle-jangle,"

"You know the Serpents and I aren't like that, besides, it's a party hosted by some Northsiders," she informed.

"Right, you're at Riverdale High now," he reminded himself "I can give you a ride if you want," he offered

"I'm good, I can take my Chevrolet" she assured.

Toni got into her room and closed the door. She changed her shirt and removed her bandana to brush her hair. She fixed her mascara and checked her phone before having a quick snack.

"See ya, Rye," she said, leaving her trailer with a granola bar in her hand. Toni got back into her Chevrolet, punched in the address on her phone and drove to Thorn Hill.