Chapter 13 - Field Trip

Start from the beginning

"...We would've been here a little sooner, but..." Ky started.

"Sorry it took so long. Someone accidentally hit all the buttons on the elevator on the way up here..." She quickly paused to explain herself. "It wasn't me."

"Fibber..." Ky muttered. "Anyways..."

"Yes. Thank you for coming, Ruby, Ky. How are you two feeling?" Ozpin asks, ignoring the little witty remarks that just occurred in front of him.

"Okay, I guess. I'd feel better if my bad-guy-catching record wasn't O-for-three though..." The scythe girl admits. "At least I made sure not to fight in those stupid high-heels. Still don't get how Weiss fights in those..."

"Otherwise that ankle breaking thing might've actually happened," Ky snorted.

Ironwood's gaze went over to the blunette when suddenly, he saw, only for a slow second, a shadow of another figure that he was reminded of. A taller and older man with startling black, spiky hair. He had a a black jacket that he keeps unzipped with skull-motif buttons, zipper tag and sequin details on the pockets. Underneath, he wears a steel gray shirt with skull prints. He wears black cropped trousers and black buckled boots with red soles along with a black motorcycle glovelet on his left hand.

'Noctis?' The General thought as he blinked, and saw Ky standing next to Ruby. He wondered who it was he was seeing there, but then shrugged it off, and realized he needed to foucs on the task at hand.

"Ahem." Ironwood coughed. "Anyhow, back on to the topic. Ruby, Ky, I feel it's appropriate to let you know that I think what you two did last night was exactly what being Huntsmen and Huntresses was all about. You recognized a threat. You took action. And you did the very best you could."

"Oh... Thank you, sir." Ruby nods as he pats their shoulders. Ky raised an eye brow as his right hand touched his shoulder.

'...His hand feels...hard. And cold.' He noted, not letting it show on his face however.

"Now, the General here has already informed us of the events that...transpired last night, but now that you've rested, we were wondering if you two had anything to add." Ozpin starts.

"Was anyone else with her? Did she look familiar to you at all?" Glynda goes on, beginning with her questioning.

As Ironwood steps back, Ky and Ruby give each other a look, as if asking each other if it was alright to disclose this information. With a confirming nod, Ruby speaks out first.

"Well... I... She was wearing a mask, and she never said anything to Ky and I. But I know she fought with glass, though I don't think that was her Semblance. Her clothing lit up whenever she attacked." She started. Glynda raised her eyebrows in response.

"Hmm. Save for the glass, that seems like the woman I first fought with when I encountered Ruby and Ky." She admitted. The blonde could see from the back of her eye of Ironwood's interested expression.

"Embedding Dust into clothing is an age-old technique. It could have been anyone." The tall man proclaimed.

"Now that I think about..." Ky added. "When she was attacking, her weapons seemed to combust every time she changed them into something else. So, I believe that she was using some sort fire semblance to melt the glass into anything else she wants."

"Wait. What if she's connected to Torchwick and the White Fang?" Ruby goes on. "You guys did find out what she was doing in the CCT in the first place, right?"

"...Now that you mentioned it. It's possible. But we still lack the required evidence to link the two together." Ozpin says. Ky however noticed a slight change in his tone of words for a moment.