Chapter 24

°Y/n's pov°

Will helped me to stand, throwing my arm over his shoulder and supporting my lower back with his own. I winced as I stood up, the pain in my chest resurfacing a bit.

"I got you," Will reassured.

I smiled weakly at him.

"Troy you go down first, and tell us if the coast is clear."

"Okay," he nodded, skillfully racing down the steps.

"Will..." I whispered, wincing a little as we made our way down the first few steps.

"Yeah?" he paused.

"I'm sorry..."

"For what?"

"I promised to get you home. I broke that promise, and now I've put you in even more danger, Troy, too."

"Hey, hey, hey. You are not putting us in any danger that we didn't willingly put ourselves in first."

I smiled softly and squeezed his hand firmly as we started back downstairs. He kissed me on my temple and squeezed my hand back. Once we made it down the stairs, Will led me over to the wall to lean on so that I could catch my breath.

"Hey, Will! Y/n!" Troy yelled from the entrance of the room.

"Yeah?" we both said in unison.

"We're clear!" he gave us a thumbs up.

"We should get you out of here quickly before the demogorgons find us."

I stood up and threw my arm back around Will's neck.

"Alright," Will said. "Come on, love."

"You guys are so cute," Troy joked.

"Whatever, doofus," I rolled my eyes.

"Come on."

We walked out of the room, taking one last look at the gate.

"This way," I nodded.

We walked down a few halls before hearing another growl. We were almost in the clear. We turned around to see a couple of demogorgons tailing us.

"Run!" I yelled.

We all started to run down the hallways, surprisingly at a faster speed than I thought. I led the boys down the halls, the flickering lights making it harder for me to concentrate. Well, that and the burning pain in my chest. I removed my arms from around Will, grabbing his hand instead so that I could run faster.

Growl! (Get back here y/n!)

We rounded the next corner only to come face to face with another demogorgon at the opposite end of the hall. Of course, there's another one. Why can't we ever catch a break?

Growl. (There's nowhere left to run.)

"Really?" I stopped abruptly, trying to catch my breath.

"Shit! I knew I shouldn't've left that bat!"

"Oh, good. You actually found it," I joked. "I left it there on purpose. I was hoping it'd be of some use."

"Yeah, I beat the shit out of one of those things!" Troy breathed out.

"Okay, so now what?" Will questioned.

"Let's go this way," I pointed.

We started in the opposite direction but was quickly stopped by the other two monsters.

"Fuck!" Will gasped.

"Please, let us go," I cried.

The monsters just growled, the two behind us grabbing Will and Troy, despite their protests and swearing.