Chapter 8

°Will's pov°

Troy rushed me out of the woods in no time. He helped me walk all the way to the playground down the street from Mike's.

"Will, dude, you've got to be careful. We can't go back in there if you're just gonna pass out."

"I know, I know. But at least we know for sure that it was y/n causing my headaches."

We walked over and sat on the swings.

"Yeah, so what are you gonna do about that? I mean we still don't know how to contact y/n and you can't exactly tell your family. Wait, can you?"

I shook my head immediately, "Hell no! My mom would freak if she knew about y/n's powers."

"You're right," he kicked his feet. "So, what do you wanna do?"

"Well, I was supposed to be at Mike's today, him and the guys wanna help me get my memories back."

"And how are they planning on doing that?"

"I don't know, " I shrugged. "I guess they wanted to see if there was anything that triggered a memory."

Troy nodded and looked down at his shoes.

"I'm sorry again for all the bad stuff I did to you guys."

"All is forgiven, really."

He smiled. I extended my hand out to him, and he took it, shaking it tightly.

"So, we're good?"

"We're good."

We sat there in silence for a while. I watched the sky as the gradient gradually fell into dark blues and purples and glanced down at my watch. It was only then that I noticed how late it was.

"Shit," I whispered loud enough for him to hear.

"What?"

"It's getting late, I'm supposed to be home in like ten minutes."

"Oh, shit! Yeah, we should probably head home."

We both hurried off of the swings as we said our goodbyes and walked in our separate directions.

"Hey, Troy."

"Yeah?"

"You can come with me tomorrow to Mike's if you want..."

"Nah, it's fine, man. I'm sure Mike wouldn't want me there anyway."

"Oh, o-okay."

"But keep me updated on y/n, please?"

"Of course," I smiled.

"Well, I gotta go now. See you tomorrow Will."

"Alright, see you tomorrow."

He waved goodbye and I waved back. I turned around and started off in the direction towards home.

**Time Skip**

"Where the hell is he then?"

I could hear my mother yelling inside as I walked up the steps of the front porch.

"I swear to God, Hop. If someth-"

I walked through the door interrupting her mid-sentence.

"Oh my God, Will!" she sobbed. "Hopper he's here, I'll call you back later."

She practically threw the phone on the hook and ran over to me. Before I even got a chance to say anything, she pulled me into a tight hug.

"Will, where were you? I called the Wheeler's and, they said you never came over, you were supposed to be home 20 minutes ago. Where were you? Don't you ever scare me like that again! You hear me?"

"Mom, you're crushing me..." I breathed out.

"Oh, sorry," she let go and cupped the sides of my face, staring into my eyes woefully. "Will, you know better than to go off all by yourself like that. What if you were taken again?"

"Then I would get to see y/n again?" I joked.

My mother gave me a stern look and the smile on my face disappeared.

"You're right, Mom, I'm sorry. I should've called to let you know where I'd be."

"And where were you?"

"I was hanging out with Troy."

"Troy? Isn't that the boy who picks on you all the time?"

"He used to, but not anymore. Look, y/n was like his family, and losing them really hurt him. And I felt bad, so I wanted to comfort him. I'm sorry that I didn't let you know that I was with him. Okay, Mom, I'm really sorry..."

She sighed rather harshly and her face softened. She knelt down and grabbed me by my shoulders.

"It's okay, Will, just don't do anything like that again. We've got to keep you safe, you know. You're my baby boy, I can't afford to lose you again."

I nodded and pulled her into another hug. I sighed lightly, knowing that I was going to have to plan things more carefully if I was going to go back. I felt bad for making her worry and for lying to her, but I had to get to y/n.

I went into the bathroom to wash up for dinner. After we ate, Jonathan and I went into the living room to watch a movie. Mom had taken up an extra late shift, so she left shortly after dinner. Jonathan and I had decided on National Lampoon's Vacation. We saw it in theaters when it came out, and it was one of our favorite movies to watch together.

"I wonder what it'd be like if the Byers went on vacation," I said.

"Probably total chaos," Jonathan chuckled.

"Yeah," I laughed.

"I mean with Mom's nonstop worrying we'd probably end up forgetting something or getting lost or something like that."

"Probably. It would be nice, though." I sighed. "To get away from Hawkins."

"Yeah. Yeah, it would. Wouldn't it?"

We returned our attention back to the television screen, watching the rest of the movie in silence. After the movie, Jonathan and I agreed it was getting really late and decided to go to bed.

"Goodnight, buddy," Jonathan squeezed me into a tight hug.

"Goodnight, big brother. I love you."

"I love you, too. Now get some rest, okay?"

"Alright."

I shut my bedroom door softly and hopped into bed. I was exhausted, but I just couldn't sleep. My mind kept wandering off to y/n. I tried my best to hone in on anything that I could remember, but most of it was still fuzzy. I hoped that they were doing okay. I hated the idea of y/n being in the Upside Down all alone with all those monsters.

After an hour of tossing and turning and trying to shut my brain off, I decided to put my energy into something productive. I stood up from my bed and walked over to my desk. I turned on my lamp and grabbed a few materials out of my drawers: pencils, colored pencils, crayons, markers, and different colors of paper.

Drawing always helped me think better, it was easier to visualize what I was thinking. I figured if I couldn't remember what happened, maybe drawing it out would help. I wasn't sure where to start, so I just jumped into it, letting the pencils and markers glide across the paper without too much thought. It was 5:47 in the morning when I was finally finished.

I'd drawn a portrait of y/n standing face to face with a demogorgon in front of Hawkins Lab. Satisfied with my artwork, I slumped into bed and let sleep wash over me. Drawing hadn't cured my amnesia, but it did give me an idea of how to rescue y/n, and that was all I really wanted.