ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN
La Cabaña

AS ARLO AND Rafael left their tutoring session, the latter instantly cheered upon seeing his friend waiting for him outside the room. "Miguel!"

"Raf! Finally! I thought I was going to be here for hours." Miguel groaned, then instantly perked up when seeing Arlo. "Arlo, right?"

"Yeah, hey." Arlo greeted. "It's nice to meet you."

"So, Raf here, tells me you're single."

Arlo's eyes widened. "Yeah. I am."

Miguel stretched just arms out. "Would you like to change that?"

"Real smooth, dude." Rafael mocked.

Arlo scrunched her face up and shook her head. "I'm good, but thanks for asking."

"Are you sure?" Miguel questioned as he leaned against her locker.

"Positive." Arlo nodded with a smile.

"Rafael has my number if you change your mind. I'll see you around."

"Bye, Lo." Rafael laughed as he waved at her and pushed his friend down the hallway.

Arlo shook her head and shivered as the two walked away. She opened her locker and heard her name being called down the hall. Turning her head she saw Guzmán walking towards her. "Hey."

"Hi." Arlo greeted with a smile.

"Who was that?" The boy asked, gesturing at the two boys who had just turned a corner.

"Oh. That's Rafael, my friend who does tutoring with me and his friend, Miguel." Arlo revealed, then shivered again. "Who was just hitting on me."

Guzmán blinked then laughed nervously. "Oh. What did he, uh, say?"

"Something about changing the fact that I'm single." Arlo laughed.

"And...what did you say?"

The girl chuckled. "I said no."

Guzmán cracked a toothy smile. "Oh...great."

Marina then came up to the two and put an arm around Arlo. "Sorry, bro. I gotta borrow Arlo."

"I'll see you two later." Guzmán nodded, flashing one last smile at Arlo before walking down the hall.

"So you and Samuel, huh?" Arlo mused, wiggling her eyebrows.

Marina chuckled. "I see you've heard."

"Your brother told me." Arlo explained. "And I'm glad you guys are finally together. Took long enough."

"I'm happy." Marina grinned. "Samuel is a great guy."

"I gotta admit I'm surprised you like him. You're usually attracted to more of the 'bad boy' types."

A look of hesitance flashed in the red head's eyes before she forced a smile. "Yeah. But with Samuel it's different."

"Well, I'm happy for you. You deserve someone like him."

"I wanted to ask you, um, do you think taking it slow is a good idea? I like him, I really do. I just don't wanna mess anything up, you know?"

"Yeah, its a good idea. Honestly, just whenever you're both ready...I guess."

"Do you know if whether or not hes a virgin?"

"That I don't know." Arlo chuckled lightly. "You should probably ask him and if he is, then maybe taking it slow is a good idea."