SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN
Saturday Night

IT HAD BEEN a long week and to say Arlo was glad it was the weekend was an understatement. She was sitting on the couch on Saturday night with Diego asleep next to her and Izzy on her phone when the doorbell rang.

Arlo's eyebrows furrowed together before she stood up and walked to the front door. She opened it to reveal Guzmán on her porch.

"Hey," he said. "Sorry. You weren't answering your phone."

"Oh, shit. I left it upstairs." Arlo sighed. "Sorry. What's up?"

Ever since Guzmán had risked getting in trouble and detention for her a few days ago, things between them had been good. But Arlo wasn't sure how long it would last and truth be told she was scared to find out. Being able to talk to him again instead of awkwardly saying 'hi' was surprisingly a lot less effort.

"Do you know where Samuel lives? Marina's at the party he's throwing without my parents' permission." Guzmán explained.

Arlo sighed. "I know. She told me yesterday."

Guzmán's eyes widened as he raised his eyebrows. "You knew?"

"It's a party, Guzmán. A party Samuel is throwing. He's a good guy." Arlo insisted.

Guzmán huffed. "Do you have the address?"

Arlo shook her head. "No, I don't. Samuel told me about it before he confirmed and I told him I probably couldn't make it so he didn't add me to the page."

Guzmán licked his lips. "I'm gonna go to Nadia's. She'll know where he lives."

"Please tell me you're not planning on going to the party just to drag your sister out like a child."

"Of course not. Thanks anyway. I'll see you on Monday."

Sighing, Arlo stomped her foot on her porch. She knew he'd get to Samuel's eventually and knowing him, he'll lose his temper and since it didn't end well last time between him and Samuel's brother, she wanted to make sure he walked out with two legs. "Wait! I'm coming with you!"

Guzmán stopped and turned around. "What?"

"I'm coming with you." Arlo informed. "Maybe you won't get into fights if I'm with you and Samuel wanted me to come anyways. Just let me get changed. Don't move."

Guzmán sighed as Arlo rushed back into her house and he leaned against his car. If knew better than to just drive off.

Arlo walked into the kitchen. "Alma, I have to go out for a bit. Hopefully, I'll be back in a couple of hours."

"Is everything okay? Where are you going?" Alma questioned.

"Yeah, everything's fine. And to a party."

The woman instantly smiled. "Have fun, honey."

"It's not– never mind, I'll see you later."

The girl then ran up to her room and quickly changed out of her pjs into high waisted black jeans, a thin sweatshirt and black ankle boots. She grabbed her small shoulder bag and phone and ran downstairs and kissed Diego on the head. After a silent cheer from Izzy after Arlo told her she was going out, Arlo also kissed her sister goodbye before she left the house.