Everyone could tell that I wasn't okay. I'd completely isolated myself. It wasn't like I was sociable in the first place but I didn't even go to the library except for around midnight.

In other words, I had completely shut down. And as far as I knew, Ms Venable had too. I don't even think she'd been eating because I saw Ms Mead coming out of Ms Venable's room frequently with still full plates of food. But at least Ms Mead was somewhat looking after my Mina.

*

I was about to walk to Ms Venable's room when someone grabbed my wrist from behind me. Naturally, I yelped, and then I yelped again when I saw it was Dinah.

"Go away. I'm not talking to you." I spat out, pushing her away from me. We were standing in the corridor and I just wanted to knock one last time on Ms Venable's door. I couldn't deal with Dinah right now. Or ever, in fact.

"Come on sweetheart, just give in already." Dinah sighed and crossed her arms.

"No! I swear to fucking god, stay away from me!" I yelled, trying to walk away, but she simply grabbed my wrist again.

"But I want you. Don't you remember how good you felt last week?" She refereed back to the incident.

"What?! You think I enjoyed that? You think I kicked you in the stomach because I was enjoying myself? You disgust me."

Dinah shook her head, "I admit that you may not have returned the feelings then. You did protest quite a lot, but Gallant told me that you like me, so it was my mission and still is my mission to make you mine."

"Gallant told you that?! You're crazy to believe him. I hate y-" I began but I was cut off when a hand moved quickly across my face. Dinah had slapped me, "You don't hate me sweeth-"

But before I could scream the whole building down, the door opened.

The door opened.

Ms Venable's door.

"Ms Stevens, I suggest you leave." Ms Venable didn't make eye contact but her voice was calm.

"What? You can't t-" Dinah protested but Ms Venable tapped her cane once, and that was enough for Dinah to sigh and walk away.

There was utter silence in the corridor, so I looked up to the love of my life.

"M-Mina?" I stuttered, wiping my tears away. She finally made eye contact with me and I broke when I saw her delicate face.

She had dark circles, her skin was so pale, her eyes were bloodshot, and she just looked....lifeless.

"Karinya." She almost whispered my name, and I saw her shoulders sink down as she studied my face.

I stepped forward tentatively and reached out a hand to touch her cheek. And when she didn't move away, I caressed her smooth skin. Oh how I'd missed that.

Without saying anything, we both stepped into her room and locked the door behind us. It was quiet, the only sounds that were heard were shallow breathing. My hands found Ms Venable's and I rested our foreheads together. My eyes closed as I took a deep breath.

"I-I missed you." My voice trembled, shaking due to the fact I was trying my best not to cry.

"I missed you too." Her voice was barely a whisper, but it was enough for my heart to pound.

"Have you forgiven me?" I asked desperately, looking into her dark and deep eyes.

Ms Venable stared at me for a seconds before replying.

"There's nothing to forgive Karinya. I heard everything out there with Ms Stevens." She spoke quietly, her eyes melting into a golden colour. I didn't say anything, I don't think i was capable of opening my mouth to be honest.

"I'm sorry I didn't give you chance to explain. I was just....hurt." That was an understatement. I could only imagine what she'd felt.

"It's okay, please don't apologise. I know what it must have looked like."

There was another silence, then Ms Venable finally broke it.

"Lay with me? Please?" She looked down to the floor and I didn't even have to say anything. I held onto her hand and pulled her gently down, and I made sure I was the one holding her. I wanted her to feel my love.

Yes, my love. Because these last days of isolation had brought me to the conclusion, I was in love with Wilhemina Venable.

My grip tightened around her waist as I buried my nose into the back of her hair, inhaling her heavenly scent.

"I love you." I whispered, closing my eyes, dreading what she'd say. But I just had to tell her. I felt her tense inside my arms, so I quickly covered it over, "Sorry, you don't have to say it back, I'm sor-" But she cut me over with a barely audible whisper.

"I love you too."

****