Accidents?

It was dawn. The rising of the sun. Predicting the weather today, it would likely be a sunny day. The silver-haired lad was thinking of things as the golden-orange haired girl was fast asleep in his arms.

A few months had passed since they met each other, more like; they get to know each other. He swore to not let anyone hurt his Rangiku. Just at the thought of others making her suffer, he feels shameful of himself and will take any chances to make them feel, thrice the pain that she will be taking. He had never left her side. He would never, there are certain circumstances though.

Will he be able to actually protect her? How could a mere boy like him do such heroic things when he himself doesn’t think he is a hero at all? What he does is stealing, fighting and perhaps killing if in need. Such things aren’t supposed to be called heroic. Those are villain-like doings. Yet, he is willing to do so, much even more because he had found the girl he would risk his life for. Everything.

‘I wouldn’t let anyone make you suffer again, Rangiku.’ He muttered, marking his every word, emphasizing every meaning of it. Rangiku stirred in his arms, she was awake earlier but decided not to move since it may wake Gin but when she heard his voice, she decides that she could already move and he was already awake.

“Did I wake ya up, Rangiku?” He asked, loosening his wrap to her but didn’t let go.
“No worries, you didn’t. Good morning, Gin.” She greets him with a smile.
“Good morning too, Rangiku.”
“Isn’t it about time we get up, Gin?”
“Yeah, you’re right, we still need to colle—“He was about to say something but she cut him off. She coughed for two times and had an ‘I’m awesome’ pose before saying something,
“E-hem! Don’t worry about those! I already collected them!”
“W-When did you?!”
“You see... When you took me with you at the market few days ago, I had an old lady give this to me! Without any debts or such!” She remarked with a cheerful voice, pulling him into a hug. He pats her head, “You silly girl.” He said in a very mysterious voice but finds it sweet for her to do something like this. She responds with an ‘Ehen~, tricked you right there!’

He asks her where did she put them and she points to the corner. He walks towards it and carefully opens it. It didn’t surprise him that he first saw the persimmons. If he had taken a liking to persimmon and actually his favorite food, it goes double to Rangiku who absolutely loved it. Maybe more than him. I wouldn’t know, but why not.

He stops for a moment as he sees Rangiku staring at him with her pale, emerald eyes. She giggled, “Your eyes are really beautiful, it’s like I’m looking at the ocean itself!” His face drooped a little, “What makes ya say that, Rangiku?” He was really confused with what she said.

“You see, your eyes are usually closed when we’re outdoors but whenever we’re alone you seem to open them casually! I really love your eyes!”

That statement made him a bit sad. “Just my eyes?” He asked a faint trace of sadness in his voice. Should this be the time to be fooling with her? No, he isn’t actually fooling with her, He actually wanted to know.

“You can’t take a joke, Gin! Like I said, once I say I love something, I also love the one where it comes from.” She said, pulling him into a hug. “You should’ve told me that first, Rangiku.” He lets go and made a pout. She chuckles at him.

After a few decades—No I mean minutes, their breakfast was served. They ate ‘till they couldn’t even move , well it’s not really they but it was just Rangiku since Gin tends to tell her to not eat too much or else she’ll look like a monster , like the stern ,old (ugly , in Gin’s opinion) lady they saw at the market recently.

She lies on the tatami mats on their own little shack. Stretching her arms, she looks at her side to see Gin as he would always be at her side.
Unfortunately, he wasn’t.  She looks everywhere but still couldn’t find him. Not until a few seconds, she finds arms wrapped around her shoulders and recognizes it as Gin’s. He always liked to play things like this and she would be taking a liking on this too.