Chapter 12 - Kidnapping and loss

Blackhat POV

This was almost infuriating now. How hard could it be to find something on y/n? I had to have strangled Flug three different times by now with how useless his search has been. Then there's the blood testing he did while she was unconscious. According to whatever his results gained she was on heavy medications to suppress pain and some sort of unconscious strength. Something along the lines of her being able to break things around her from putting pressure and force into movements. Looking at the footage of her from the Hat Shuttle, I had to agree. All she did was put a foot down and the ground cracked, the stupid hero sent careening into a wall already with broken bones. A power like that could be useful to me. One problem though was whoever had her on medication must be doing it for a reason. Obviously her body couldn't handle the backlash damage, but there had to be another problem to it. Most would just teach her how to handle it properly. Luckily though, she unwittingly gave us her supplier.

Warren Rockmon, a psychologist just a little older than Flug himself, and a well notarized professor in superhero medicine and therapist. It took all of one day to find his newest location and pick him up. Flug had him downstairs for interrogation already. Y/n will surely be greatly when we get the truth out of him. She really shouldn't trust anyone who'd work for those pitiful heroes.

Warren POV

I estimate it's been about two hours since I was dragged here. I didn't see where it even is. I was absconded from the street like some common kidnapping. I've been strapped to a lab table like this with my arms secured at my sides and legs extended. I could just barely turn my head enough to not look directly into the light above my head that was uncomfortably bright. In a certain sense I suppose this is karma. It is not unearned, but I really hoped I could move on from this all. I looked up when the door to the room opened, a thin individual walking in. They seemed of average height and must've been wearing a bad on their head from the squared shape it possessed. I watched them spread something out on a table and heard a few clinking sounds. Medicinal tools if I had a guess, perhaps as a threatening ambience or a preparation for later. I was silent as they walked over and I surmised it was a man when he began speaking.

"Hello, sorry about the long wait. Had quite a bit to do. You are Warren Rockmon, yes?"

I nodded slowly, feeling my hand twitch to adjust my glasses as I normally would. "Yes. Am I able to get your name?"

"Dr. Flug. I'm sure you don't-"

"I do. I know exactly who you are." I had to wonder though, why am I here? Is she ok? Did this go south like I thought it might?

"Oh, well, then you know why you're here."

"No, that I don't. Where is y/n?" I dared not ask if she was alright.

"She's in her room recovering. There was a bit of an accident. Which leads to why you're here." He adjusted the light above and I cringed slightly from the new angle. "Who is she, and why are you with her?"

I felt a small shiver go down my spine and I stayed silent, assessing my options. On the one hand, I had no idea if his statement was true, and even if it was, why did that mean they needed to abduct me? And to ask about her, that already unsettled me. The other possibility is she's already dead, something that made my heart squeeze thinking about. Chances are she's alive, why else would they care about who she is then? However, they're asking about her from me, as a prisoner, and that led me to the conclusion they might wish to weaponize her. I wouldn't allow it. Not again.

"She's y/n, my patient, and that's all you'll ever need to know from me." I knew what I signed myself up for when I ran away with her, and I will not back out now.

"...I really wish you'd be more cooperative. But, suppose I'm not surprised. Your lot is always stubborn." I didn't respond, watching as he approached the table to pick the tools for my undoubtedly torturous next few hours. I just hope y/n is alright. If not, well, I've nothing to lose at all then.

Reader POV

It's been a week and I haven't heard a word from Warren. I'm honestly getting scared. He's never been this quiet, and when I went to his apartment nothing seemed wrong, it was like he went out for something and just hadn't come home yet. Then again, if he was taken off the street of course nothing would seem wrong. I really missed him though.

Without him around I was left with two problems as well. I ransacked his home and managed to find an incomplete batch of medication he'd been working on and I was just hoping it would suffice until he came back. I was pretty lightheaded when I was in the lab with Flug, leaning on the counter frequently to not sway where I stood. I'm sure he noticed, but he didn't say anything. He'd said my legs were fine after the damage and I was really relieved they weren't completely broken. That was bad enough the first time. Blackhat came by earlier to check progress and he actually talked to me, it was really strange. He asked how I was and if I was feeling any pain. I told him honestly that I felt alright with no pain and he seemed...unhappy with the answer. I guess it makes sense, he's a villain. Still though, it was really strange. It's like he was looking for an answer to something else and what he got isn't what he liked. He'd left shortly after that, having planned out a video for tomorrow. Seems everything's gone back to normal, except I'm starting to think Warren ditched me. If I'm honest with myself, that hurt more than anything else I'd ever dealt with. I really miss my almost dad...