Chapter 3 - An Interview..or Interrogation.

The following day I woke up around noon as usual and got ready after eating breakfast, wearing my usual jeans and hoodie as I approached the manor. It still looked strange to me, almost comical even. A hat shaped home with a plane stuck in the side. I shook my head slightly and approach the front gate, stepping through this time as they swung open and I went to the front door. I gave it a sharp knock and a security camera popped out to my left, making me jolt a bit away. Never did like cameras.

"Um, hey, Flug? I got your letter obviously, can you let me in?" The camera withdrew and a moment or two later Flug opened the door, waving nervously. "Hey, glad you could make it. Almost thought you wouldn't." He stepped back to let me in, watching me as I looked around the front hall curiously.

"Well, got nothing better to do and my doctor has advised me to get outside more." I tell him as he starts walking down the hallway, following him steadily. I looked to the paintings on the wall, stopping in front of a portrait of a gray toned man in some form of formal attire. "Who's that?"

Flug turned back and looked a little confused, hesitating to answer. "That's Blackhat..don't you know who he is?" It truly puzzled him to think of someone who'd never at least heard the name.

"Nope, not a clue. I don't really watch the news or anything. Looks a little strange, and-"

"Evil, Yeah." He interrupted, expecting the usual response.

"More like a narcissist with anger issues. Oh well, you said you wanted to chat. What about?" I pressed on, not wanting to get stuck here for hours on end if necessary. I could only handle so much time around people by this point.

"O-oh, um...well, a week ago you jumped the fence and it's just...a little strange." He tried to approach it with a calm tone, not wanting to arouse suspicion, but I already felt it by coming here. I'd entered his lab by now and looked around the bright room, diverting the conversation by asking about the literal bear in the room.

"Is that a blue bear or am I just easily fooled by a large plush?" He smiles under the bag, going over and patting the sleeping bear. "He's real. His name is 5.0.5. He's harmless I promise."

I nod and sit down on a stool by the counter, looking at one of the posters. "That has to be the worst motivational poster ever. 'There is no hope'." He looks over and chuckles, sitting across from me. "Yeah, they're not good for motivating people. But I still get plenty done." He leaned on the counter and pulled out a notepad, giving you his attention. "So, how did you clear that jump?"

I knew he wouldn't stay distracted for long, so I sighed and shrugged a bit. "I couldn't really explain it. I just can." I have always assumed I was born with that ability, among a few others.

He nods a bit and takes a note of it, spinning the pen in hand. "What about the trap? How did you avoid it so quickly?"

"I just felt something behind me. Lots of people get that sense though." Though it usually happened with the feeling of being watched or someone standing behind them.

"Strange...I-I mean in a good way, of course."

"You're a villain, right? If you are then it won't bother me any if you aren't all that concerned with hurting someone else. It usually comes with the territory. Heroes and villains alike honestly."

"...why would you say that? Usually people don't think heroes would hurt anyone." I smile at him and lean on the counter, shrugging a bit.

"A villain is a person. A person with a reason, even if it is probably bad. If a hero is willing to hurt them then I don't think hurting other people is too out of line."