Chapter 11 - Rise and shine

Flug POV

I have not one clue what happened. We weren't doing great in the fight, I was thrown into Dementia like a rag doll and when we got up the hero was basically splattered on a wall and y/n was curled up on the curb. I didn't even have the chance to assess the situation because she was bleeding from her neck when I got to her and both her ankles were turning a very alarming shade of purple and red. I picked her up and had dementia grab the body before we ran to the hat pod, getting in and returning home. Y/n was twitching on the small lab table as I bandaged her neck, surprised by how many scars and scratches she had there. I'd never noticed, but she was always wearing hoodies. It was a miracle if I even saw her arms. When we got home Dementia dragged the dead hero to a table to be examined later, watching me carry y/n with a look of genuine concern. I'd never seen her care about anyone outside us four until now.

"Flug..what happened to y/n?" She came over and poked at her side, frowning at the lack of reaction.

"I don't know. We knew she had powers but this is..really strange." I flinched when the door banged open, turning towards Blackhat. "S-sir, I.."

"Shut it. How bad is the damage?" He came over quickly and hissed in distaste. I know I'll have to clean up this mess later.

"So far she just seems to be having blood loss and internal damage. Only problem is I don't know from what. In five seconds this happened, and I don't think the hero even had a chance to fight back." Looking at her ankles I expected them to be broken from how they looked. However, they felt intact, which was really alarming. I would've bet almost anything they were broken before. I stepped away to talk with Blackhat about the mission when I heard a faint groan and turned slightly, watching Dementia lean over y/n and hear something mumbled out before she seemed to fall back into her slumber.

"Dementia, What did she say," I asked, coming over to her.

"Warren." I didn't really know what that meant, but the name was familiar. Perhaps it's somewhere in my notes I kept from what I could find on y/n. For now though, we'll let her sleep. She probably needs it.

Reader POV

My eyes hurt and my limbs felt heavy, but I felt the sheets of my bed in the lab so I knew I was home at least. I sat up slowly and rubbed my face slowly, my skin feeling strange to myself. When I managed to open my eyes I looked around slowly and appreciated the lack of lighting in the room, making it much easier to get up. It was until I stood up though that I realized I really shouldn't be able to. The hero. The broken body. The blackout moments later. If I remembered correctly my ankles should be broken like they were before years ago. I'm out of medication and was beyond stressed in that moment. Warren had reminded me frequently that I needed that medicine to numb the pain and curb the force I put into my movements.

I looked down and my ankles had barely any bruising to them. Just a little ring really. I didn't know what to do, or where to go. The best idea I have is to climb back in bed, so I do, curling up under the blanket. I was alone for a long time before a familiar scuttling sound came to my bed.

"Hey roomie, you awake yet?" I had to smile a little, because of course she'd ask whether I was awake or not to respond.

"Yeah...how's it going?" I moved over to let her sit up on the bunk, watching her bushy hair shift.

"Well, kinda boring actually. There's almost no fun around here. It sucks. Even the bear isn't as fun to prank sometimes." She huffed a bit and I chuckled, enjoying her personality by now.

"I bet..dem, what happened to the hero?"

"Who? The running chick? You killed her, remember? Slammed her right into a wall." She snickered a bit and I sighed into my pillow. I really hoped my memory was faulty.

"Yeah..I remember...at least you guys are ok."

"We're fine, takes more than some hero nerd to beat me. But, how did you beat her anyway? And what's up with you breaking yourself?"

"..well, if you really want to know..best way I can explain it is flexion. I don't really understand it, but I was told that when I flex the muscles in my legs or arms, they cause a ripple around me. Usually the legs are the worst. So I guess, when I stepped away from her I didn't pay attention and I just..put too much force into my step. My body doesnt exactly take it very well." I hadn't ever explained it, but it made sense to me anyway. She laid down and stared at the ceiling, nodding slowly.

"Yeah, ok. But you need to get better with it. Blackhat can't keep you around if you just break stuff everytime you move."

That wasn't the biggest exaggeration I've heard of it, so I nodded my agreement and pulled down a pillow to hug. "Sounds fair. You sleeping in here again?"

"Yep. You've got the comfy bed." She snickered a bit and turned over to get cozy, using the second blanket. "Think tomorrow you'll be up? It's boring around here."

"Yeah..I think tomorrow will be an active day."

"Great. Happy nightmares."

I smiled a bit and nuzzled my pillow in content. "Happy nightmares."