TWENTY-THREE

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

TOBIAS WACH

● ● ●

Even after I left Brandon, I couldn't stop thinking about him. I couldn't stop smiling and giggling and screeching with happiness. I never knew what true happiness felt like until that day.

God, it was like everything I'd imagined it to be; the kiss. It was perfect and I would've done it over again and again.

I had been lying in my bed for over an hour. Midnight was approaching and I needed sleep but I couldn't stop my mind from thinking.

I had to tell someone so I called Isabel.

"Hello?"

"Isabel! You won't guess what happened tonight!"

"What? What happened? How did the date go?"

"It was good! It was really good! So good that Brandon and I kissed."

She gasped and started screaming on her end of the phone. "Oh my god. Oh my god! You're lying! Are you serious?"

"Yes! We kissed! His lips touched mine!"

"I'm so happy for you. Oh my god! That's so cute!"

I was crying. I was crying tears of joy because saying I kissed Brandon out loud made it feel less and less like a dream. I never in a million years pictured myself kissing someone.

I sniffled and wiped my eyes. "I'm literally crying right now because this doesn't feel real."

"Well, it's real so take it all in. This is something we have been talking about since high school."

"I know."

"And you said you were not cute enough for cute boys to kiss you. Look who feels stupid now!"

"I know." I laughed. "I do feel stupid. I just never thought someone like Brandon would like someone like me. He actually thinks I'm cute. He's actually into me and it's crazy! Like wow! Maybe I am cute. Maybe I do deserve love."

"Damn right."

"So what now? Are we boyfriends now? Should we make it official? I want to make it official. Labels are a big thing. What if Mason tries to get him? I couldn't handle Brandon talking to multiple guys."

"Don't think too much about it. Brandon is obviously into you and I would not try to make things official right this moment. It needs to come naturally."

"Okay. I understand."

"Good."

"But it needs to come naturally fast. I just want him to be mine already."

Isabel and I shared a laugh and then my phone started vibrating and Brandon's number popped up on my screen.

"Isabel! Brandon is calling me! Should I answer?"

"Yes!"

"But what about you?"

"Screw me! We talked enough! Brandon is more important so I'm hanging up. You can answer his call."