Button

Mindy lost her husband and son in a car crash two years ago. Since then she moved to New York to escape her thoughts of suicide. The only two members of her family were snatched out of her life. She didn't even say goodbye.

She would sit in her room in her apartment and look at the wall, which had a family photo of them. She did this everyday.

One day as she looked to the picture, she said she would do anything to have them back. Just then a knock was heard at the door.

She went to see who it was, and was alarmed by the man. She never seen him in her life.

He said "Let's make a deal"

She asked what it was about. He only replied that she would find out.

He pulled out a red button enclosed in a glass box. He said if she pressed the button her husband and son would come back, but someone would die. Then he walked away.

Mindy held the box in her hands for hours thinking whether or not killing someone was worth bringing her family back.

That Friday she made her decision. She opened up the box and pressed the button.

She went into her living room to see that no one was there. The man lied.

A weight of an elephant seemed to press onto Mindy's chest. She had been shot. The man was insane, and wanted to have a reason to kill someone.