BONUS CHAPTER #2

Começar do início

"Derek, look at me." I said. He did. His brows were furrowed as he looked at me with hopeful eyes. "You're my friend. Even if I give you a chance, my heart's still the one in charge. I can give you a chance, that's what my mind said, is always saying. But my heart always refuses."

"Then listen to your mind," he whispered. "After all, mind is brilliant."

"That's where you're wrong," I said. "Heart and mind are connected. They must be the same when it comes to making decisions. Heart, it tells feelings. Mind, it tells heart what to do. But it also speak on its own. So basically, I'm confused. My mind is confused. So, I can't make any desicions right now."

"Okay, I'll wait." Derek said sadly.

I wanted to say no, because I knew, deep down, from the bottom of my heart, that my heart will always belong to John. I don't want Derek waiting for me. I don't want Derek waiting for nothing. But I couldn't speak. Because if I did, I might say what I wanted to say and we might lose our friendship. So instead, I nodded. Derek took my hand once again and lead me to sit on the lodge. We watched the fire burn the woods and dried leaves. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Beau helping Kaila because she was really drunk and having fun. Gloss kept dancing. Even though he's out of the closet gay, girls kept grinding on him. And he didn't mind. Because he used to grind them. Someone staggered beside me, and I looked up. When I did, I let out a gasp.

"Can we talk, Ashton?" John said, hiccuping. Base on what I was seeing, John was really wasted. What did he want to talk about? What was he going to say to me? There's one way to find out. "Please, Ashton." Derek looked at me, merely shaking his head.

I stood up and brushed the dirt off of my butt. "Okay."

I didn't look back at Derek. I didn't want to see him getting hurt. We kept walking. No one was speaking. The silence was thick, even the tension. John never talked to me. Until now.

So it really surprised me when he approached me back there, just so we could have a little talk. But what could he be possibly wanting to tell me?

It must be really important.

We reached the end of the beach, the shore, and there was a small boat. Two persons could take a ride. He gestured for it, and I narrowed my eyes at him suspiciously. He just rolled his eyes and gestured again on the boat. Reluctantly and hesitantly, I got it. The boat was wide, and there were no seats. He pushed the boat, and when it's far enough, he immediately got in and let the water took us away. Beside I was sitting, were two paddles.

There were small waves, making the boat shook a little as it moved. The half crescent moon was perfect, showing its beautiful glory at us. The dark sky, with the breathtaking stars sparkling, was too beautiful I wanted to go there and live. But it's impossible. The sound of the waving sea and the breeze of the wind could be heard as I watched the sky. For a moment, I forgot that John was with me, that we were on the same boat, that we needed to talk.

The atmosphere was cold, and I'd shiver every gush of wind. The beach, where the party was going, was just now a blur in my vision as the sea continued to take us somewhere. When I looked at John, he was looking at me with those puffy and red eyes. He had been crying. I just noticed. He looked sad and full of pain. It's like I was seeing his soul through his beautiful, mesmerizing eyes. But it held so much sadness and pain. He looked at the sky. I did the same.

"Do you believe that we're the only ones living, in the entire galaxy?" He asked me as he watched the sky. The clouds seemed violet as it emerged at other almost-transparent clouds. Where was he getting at?