As Useless as Rubber Lips on a Woodpecker

Chapter 3- As Useless as Rubber Lips on a Woodpecker.
To say I didn't want to go to school was an understatement. I dreaded going so much, I almost faked being sick. What I dreaded most about going to school was taking that trigonometry test. Even though I studied most of the night, I still didn't believe I was going to do that well. I just wanted to lay in bed all day, play video games, and eat junk food. Maybe even get a few more hours of sleep. But, as much as my mind was telling me to fake being sick, I got out of bed and threw on a pair of jeans, a Beatles t-shirt, and my black Nike sneakers. I combed my hair and gelled it into perfection. After brushing my teeth, I made my way downstairs to find Sam and Bruce arguing over the last chocolate pop tart. "Comeon, you always get the last Pop tart!" Bruce complained. "Well, you don't get it fast enough. Not my fault!" I sighed and watched them argue for a minute before going over and snatching the chocolate pop tart out of their hands. "Hey!" they both exclaimed, looking at me with clear annoyance written all over their faces. "Stop fighting over a pop tart, you turds." With that said, I unwrapped the pop tart and started to eat it, causing Bruce and Sam to shout in protest. "Dude, no fair we had it first!" Sam said, trying to snatch the pop tart out of my grasp. I turned my body away from him to keep his greedy hands from touching my pop tart and said "Out of the three boxes we bought I only got one and people who fight over it don't deserve it." Sam pouted and Bruce just rolled his eyes. "Whatever man" he said before sauntering off. I smirked in victory and ate the last bite. Sam mumbled incoherent curse words before grabbing a strawberry pop tart and exiting the kitchen. I threw away my crumpled pop tart wrapper and grabbed my book bag off the ground, heaving it onto my shoulders. I left the kitchen and called to Bruce and Sam to "Hurry their butts up before we are late to school." They rushed down the stairs, back pack in hands, muttering for me to "Shut my trap." I chuckled at them before going outside, into the car, and heading off to school, the whole time listening to Bruce and Sam argue in the back seat.
~
As soon as I arrived to school, I was bombarded by many different people asking me where I was yesterday and why wasn't I in school. I answered with a "I was sick" to every one of them and tried to shove past the crowd that had formed. "Dude I hadn't realized you were that popular." Sam said as I finally squeezed my way out of the bunch of people. "Me neither. Maybe it's my new cologne." Sam chuckled and shook his head. "I doubt that's why. I bet it has something to do with that stupid Mandy chick you are dating." I grimace, knowing he was right. "Why don't you like her" Bruce commented, looking at Sam. "She is so hot. I would so touch that if you weren't dating her." What I wanted to say was 'be my guest', but I knew that was inappropriate. Instead, I said "Yeah right. She would never go as low to your standards, bud." Bruce faked a pout and put his hand to his heart dramatically. "That hurt. You have officially wounded me." Rolling my eyes, I walked into the school. Mandy immediately ran up to me and threw her arms around my neck. "Hey, Baby! Did you like your welcome back?" Sam snorted. "Told you it was her doing." Mandy glared at Sam then turned her attention back at me. "So, did you?" "Of course." I said, putting on the fake smile I have gotten used to over the years. "Good. Comeon lets go to my locker first. Hopefully, Sam will be gone from your locker by then." She gave Sam one last glare before pulling me to her locker. I looked back at Sam and gave him an apologetic look. He nodded his head as if he understood and began walking away, probably to his own locker. "I swear, that boy is useless as rubber lips on a woodpecker." Mandy muttered, shaking her head. I knew she never liked Sam, but she must really dislike him if she's going to use one of her weird phrases on him. "Why do you guys dislike each other so much?" I asked as we neared her locker. "I think that's a topic the two of you should pick up." was all she said before gathering books from her now open locker. I sighed. In my opinion, they both were as useless as rubber lips on a woodpecker. But then again, I had no idea what that meant.
~
I stared down at the trigonometry test on my desk, my hands unconsciously wringing together nervously. Looks like a whole night of studying couldn't even help me with this test. I sighed and looked up at the clock; twenty minutes left out of a forty five minute period and I still don't have one question answered. I looked over at the students around me to find them scribbling at their tests, their faces determined and confident. Of course everyone here knows what they're doing except for me. I looked up to find Mrs.Tamara glaring at me from behind her bright red glasses. I gave her a sheepish smile before turning my attention back to my test. Fifteen more minutes. I grabbed my pencil determinedly and began doing question one out of twenty as best as I could. Five minutes later and I had three of the questions answered. Ten more minutes. I moved on to the fourth question, determined to get at least half of this test done to the best of my abilities before class was over. Five more minutes. I was on question eighth and it was truly testing my patience. I stared at the question, unable to think of any way to solve it. So, I did the only thing I could do. I moved on to question nine. Five minutes later. I throw my pencil down right as the bell rung. I walked up to Mrs.Tamara and handed her my test with only nine out of the twenty answered. I jogged out of the classroom with my backup swung across my shoulders with the very little dignity I had left. I started making my way to my next period, English 3 Honors, when I was stopped by a sharp thrilled whistle. I looked behind me to see a smug looking Mandy, swaying her hips as she walked towards me. It almost made me gag at how hard she was trying to turn me on. "So, babe, how do you think you did? It looked like you were having some difficulty to me." She pouted her lips sadly, but I knew she was secretly happy that I failed. "Eh, not as good as I would've liked." I said with a shrug. She tried to contain her smile and she hooked her skinny arm through my elbow. "Well, you'll do better next time." She assured. I scoffed but didn't reply, letting her guide me to our next class.
~~~~~~~~~~~
OK GUYS THIS SUCKS BUT FOR SOME REASON THE END OF THIS CHAPTER WAS DELETED! I don't know how long it's been like this so I'm sorry!! No idea how this happened but I'm glad I found out now rather than later!! So the end of this chapter is now posted..