Monks Don't Have These Problems

Chapter 7- Monks Don't Have These Problems
(Peter)
The next day, I woke up feeling even worse than I did the night before. Sure it was nice releasing some of the built up stress by wrecking my room, but the aftermath caused even more stress than I originally had. I pulled myself out of bed and forced myself to start cleaning up my mess. It took me at least an hour before my room was cleaned up again, but I was at least able to put on music and dance to it while I did. Unlike yesterday when I was able to spend the day looking for my mate, today I had a meeting with the Alpha of another pack. I wasn't looking forward to it at all because I heard that he banned anyone in his pack from being gay and hated gay people himself. By now, everyone knows I'm gay so this meeting wasn't going to be very pleasant. After showering and fixing my hair into a nice combover, I threw on a grey suit and marched downstairs with my Alpha face on. "Morning, honey." my mom immediately chirped as she busied herself making breakfast for the pack. Like always, my breakfast was already made and waiting for me at the far end of the long, wooden table. I grunted in response before I started to shovel fork-fulls of food down my throat. "Oh, you're in alpha mode. Got it." My mom continued making breakfast for the pack, no longer interested in communicating with me. I couldn't blame her. Not only was I in what my mother would call 'Alpha mode', I am also in a terrible mood. Not being near my mate was slowly taking its toll on me and without the hope of ever finding my mate, my mind was slowly falling apart. Once my plate was cleaned and thrown into the sink, I headed up into my office where my dad was already waiting for me. "Ready?"
~
(Unkown)
If there was one thing I hated, it would be gay people. Watching that disgusting mutt walk through the pack house made me want to throw up all over the place. He may think that no one knows his little secret, but he's wrong. I used to like the guy. One time, I even considered him a friend. Now that I know what he really is, I can't believe I even gave him homework answers let alone was nice to him. All that time I thought he was normal but he turned out to be a disgusting gay. ( A/N I will never EVER use the f word. Not THE f word, but the other one with the a after it.) As I stared at him from my spot on the couch, all I felt was pure disgust. And I knew then that I couldn't have him here any longer. He didn't belong on this Earth. He didn't belong anywhere. That's why he must go.
~
(Xavier)
My fingers shook as I gripped the note in my hands. I couldn't tear my eyes off the small lettering. I kept rereading it over and over, hoping the letters would disappear each time. But they never did.
"Dear Xavier,
It brings me no great joy to hear that you've found your soul mate. Unfortunately for you, you won't be able to spend that much time with him. Cherish the time you have with him while you still can. Your clock is ticking. Time's almost up.
Love, your worst nightmare."
And with that, I succumbed to the darkness.
~
When I woke up, I only knew one thing for sure, I needed to find out whoever wrote this note and stop him from whatever he's about to do, and fast. As he said, my clocks ticking and my time is quickly running out. Once I was able to gather up enough strength and lift myself off of the hardwood floor, I changed myself into sweats and set out to find ''my worst nightmare'. A part of me thought it was Sam, pranking me to try to make me feel better. But my gut was telling me it was something so much different than that and I needed to start sleeping with one eye open at night. I started searching around the pack house, looking for clues that I didn't even know how to find. I didn't want to look in anybody's room because that was an invasion of privacy, but after I found nothing in the living room, kitchen, or game room, I resorted to sneaking into other people's room and going through their stuff. I felt dirty and awful about creeping through their personal items, but if I was to find 'my worst nightmare' it was what had to be done. When I found nothing in any of the rooms I was able to search through, I almost gave up. It seemed like a hopeless investigation. But then, in the last room, I found something interesting that might involve the person who is after me. In the bedrooms adjoining bathroom, I found a bottle of anti-depressant pills subscribed for Chance Hills, another werewolf in my pack that I knew didn't like me very much. Not only that, the bottle was filled, along with three more filled bottles of anti-depressants. Looks like somebody hasn't been taking their pills. 'I'm going to have to have a chat with this Chance guy. He might have the answers I need.' I thought to myself with a crooked smile.
~
"Are you coming tonight?" Shaking myself out of my daydream, I turned to Sam sheepishly and asked, "Sorry, what'd you say?" Sam rolled his eyes at me and folded his arms. I could tell that Sam was beginning to get annoyed with me. I couldn't blame him, either. I haven't been able to focus for long on anything and I couldn't seem to get out of the depressed state I have been in since my encounter with my mate and the threatening note. Little by little, I was letting Sam slip through my fingers. Pretty soon, he would get fed up with me and leave to go find a new best friend. Then, I would be entirely alone. "I'm sorry. I truly am. But it's video game night right?" Sam nodded. "That's what I was asking you. Are you going?" I sighed. Even though I would rather mope around in my room all night, I knew that I needed to do this for Sam. "Yeah, of course." "Good." he said, his lip lifting up into a half smile. My mood brightened just a bit at seeing Sam smile and I got off my bed to strand next to him. "Want to get some ice cream? It's really hot, so." Sam nodded his head enthusiastically, forgetting all of his anger toward me at just the thought of ice cream. Laughing, I grabbed his hand and led him through the pack house until we reached the front door. He dropped my hand with a gasp and shouted, "I almost forgot my money!" I shook my head at him. "It's on me." Sam became even more excited if that was possible and practically skipped out of the door. Silently following him, I watched as he hopped into the car and jumped up and down in his seat. Why couldn't Sam be gay, I thought to myself. That would make my life so much easier. I hopped into the car free him, starting it, and driving off to our favorite ice cream shoppe.
~
Sitting on the bench and eating my favorite ice cream, mint chocolate chip, I almost forgot about all of my problems. Almost. "So, do you know what you're going to do about your mate yet?" Sam asked, taking a bite out of his chocolate ice cream. I shook my head, a gloomy mood starting to arise. "Well, you should probably start thinking about it. It is important. You can't ignore the bond forever." I sighed. "I know. I'm just in a bad state right now, and thinking about my mate would make it worse. I think about him all the time anyway." Sam nodded and out down his styrofoam cup. "Listen, Xavier. I know how hard it must be for you. But, I think it's time to tell the truth. Yeah, you may be kicked out of the pack, but I'm pretty sure your mate will take you with open arms." "Yeah, okay. He probably hates me after I ran away. Also, he could be confused. What if he didn't know he was gay? And then he sees me, his mate, and that's when he realizes. On top of that, I don't even know who he is or how to find him. I'll be searching blindly." Sam nodded thoughtfully and began to eat his ice cream again. Thinking the conversation was over, I began munching on mine as well until he began to speak again. "That may be true, but the bond will help. You will be pulled toward him and you will find him eventually. And, from what you told me, he didn't seem so confused when you met him at the video game store. You told me that, at first, he wouldn't let you go. If that's true, he definitely isn't confused about his sexuality." I groaned, slamming my hand to my forehead in exasperation. "You know what, Sam? I should become a monk. I bet monks don't have these problems." "Yeah" Sam agreed. "Their problems are much worse." We continued eating our ice creams in silence. I couldn't stop thinking about what Sam said. Maybe it was time I told the truth. The secret was certainly turning to an unnecessary stress. Plus, I would be able to look for my mate and live happily ever after with him. I nodded my head suddenly, turning to Sam with a bright smile. "Sam, I think you're right. Maybe it is time I unleashed my secret." Sam looked up, his face full of surprise. "Are you serious?" I thought about it for a minute and finally I nodded my head. "Yeah, I am." Sam smiled, standing up abruptly. "Then let's go find out alpha."
~
(Peter)
Staring at the Alpha from across the table, I could already tell that he hated me. I could practically feel his anger and rage towards me. In fact, I could actually smell it due to my heightened senses. His whole being was practically oozing hate. Obviously, he was just as excited to be here as I was excited to have him here. "So, let's get down to business." he said finally, his voice rough and dropped with disgust. I rolled my eyes at him. "I understand that you don't accept my lifestyle, but for just this brief meeting could you please keep your disgust control? I would appreciate that greatly." Alpha Jason nodded after a minute and opened his mouth to speak. "Ok, so apparently a group or rogues are teaming up to attack my pack. I'm pretty sure you've heard about this already. Am I correct?" He paused for a moment and looked up at me. I nodded my head and he continued. "So, I called this meeting to ask for your help in the attack. I can't defeat them alone and every other pack I turned to have all refused. I know that we might not get along, but I'm desperate. Believe me, if I had another choice, I would do that, but you are literally my last hope." Nodding, I sat back in my chair and thought about it. I knew right away I wouldn't enjoy working with him, but I knew that if I didn't help him his whole pack could be killed. I may dislike the guy, but I didn't hate him so much to kill off his entire pack. On the other hand, I didn't know if I could stand working with his pack knowing that he inhibited his pack from being themselves. I knew not everyone in the pack was gay, but there could be at least one or two. I could only imagine how terrible they feel; not being able to express themselves and being forced to hide who they truly are. My wolf would end up begging me to help them. But because I was not the Aloha if the pack or even apart of it, there would be nothing I could do about it without starting a war. I definitely did not want to start any war with any pack. I didn't need the stress and neither did the rest of my pack members. So, I slowly nodded my head, agreeing to help Alpha Jason. Despite my reluctance, I knew this agreement would benefit me. The next time I have trouble with wars or another pack, he would be obliged to help me. I wouldn't have to run all over, like he was currently doing, trying to find an alpha willing to help me. I opened my mouth to speak, but I was abruptly interrupted by the door opening and a small brown haired boy entering the room. By his scent, I could tell he was apart of Jason's pack and an omega. "Alpha Jason, sir, I'm truly sorry to interrupt, but there's two boys downstairs demanding to see you." Alpha Jason sighed, shaking his head in disappointment. "Tell them that they are going to have to wait." The brown haired boy, looking incredibly nervous, scurried up to Alpha Jason and began whispering harshly into his ear. Me being the kind person I am, tuned out so I didn't overhear their private conversation. And that's when it hit me. The smell of cinnamon and spice. I wanted to moan it smelt so good. I sat up straighter and looked around, but nothing stood out. MATE, my wolf screamed and I wanted so badly to rush out and find him, but I had to wait till the end of the meeting. "Send them up." Alpha Jason said suddenly, rubbing his head. The boy nodded and scurried away, almost tripping on the way out. "Im sorry, Alpha Peter. I have two pack members who have to speak to me about something important, apparently. I can't imagine what could be so important to disrupt our meeting." "Its no problem." I assured. My wolf was growing crazy as the scent came closer and closer. By now, I was full on squirming in my seat, anxious for the meeting to end so I could go to my mate. And all of a sudden, the smell became overwhelming and, as I was about to run out of the room to find him, he walked straight into the room. There in the doorway, stood nobody other than my mate.
-------------------------------------------------
DUN DUN DUN.
MY WRITERS BLOCK IS GONE AYE! I told you I would update when I got over it!!!! I hope you guys liked the chapter!!!!! Oh and if you are wondering how my finals went, they were awful. I hate school but it's SUMMERS now so TURN UP! I'm ready to party all day everyday. And write my books :). now that it's summer, I will probably have more time to write. Yayyyyy