Chapter 3

After we started dating, I told my best friend, Ben. He was proud of me for joining the "Not Single" club. We made plans for the upcoming Friday night to go see a movie. It was Me and Danielle, Ben and Kayla, Abby and Mike, and we also decided to bring along Malary and her new boyfriend, Jacob. Malary and Jacob would pickup Abby and Mike, and I was to pick up Ben, Kayla, and Danielle. I showed up at Ben's house about two hours before the movie was supposed to start. I knocked on the door and his mom answered.

"Why hello there, Jake." His mother said hugging me. "Come in, come in" She pulled me in and took my coat. "Ben is in his room and if you're hungry you know where the food is" I loved Ben's mom, she was like a second mother. I walked into Ben's room where he was sitting on a beanbag playing Destiny on his XBOX One.

"XBOX launch Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare"

"Bro! I was about to beat the Raid!" He turned to me and hit me in the arm

"You ready?" I asked grabbing the controller and began to play Destiny.

"The movie doesn't start for..."
Ben glanced at the time on his cable box "...two hours"

"I guess I got excited and came over a little too early, oops" I didn't mean it "I beat the hardest Raid in thirty seconds!" I yelled

"If it weren't for me" Ben mocked as he changed in a button up shirt

"I didn't see it so it never happened." I said sarcastically. About an hour and fifteen minutes passed. As I put on my coat and walked towards the door, Ben's mom stood up

"Be careful, drive safely" She said in her motherly tone.

"Love you mom" I said kissing her on the cheek. She slapped me on the back and laughed. I wore black jeans, a white button-up dress shirt and a black trench coat. Ben wore jeans and a green button-up shirt. We got in to my silver Honda Accord and drove towards Kayla's house. When we showed up, I parked at the curb and Ben walked up and knocked on the door. She opened the door and greeted Ben with a kiss. She wrapped her arm around his as she wore black wedges, a green hoodie and black jeans. As we drove almost three miles to Danielle's house Kayla began a conversation.

"Where is your date Jake?" Kayla said over the silence.

"I'm driving there now." I said over my shoulder.

"How long have you guys been dating?" She continued the conversation

"About two weeks now" I was trying to concentrate on the road but also concentrating on the conversation. "What about you two?" I directed this question towards Ben, but either could've answered.

"What has it been?" He said leaning back towards Kayla. "A year and a half?" Kayla nodded and typed on her phone.

"Uhh, a year and five months, twenty-four days, four hours, eleven minutes, and fifty-one seconds" she read off quickly "haha just kidding, yeah about eighteen months" we all laugh, I knew tonight was going to be awesome.

"So I found this hilarious glitch where if you" I started, but Ben cut me off mid sentence. He turned the radio up. Eminem's "Lose Yourself" began. Me and Ben rapped the first two minutes flawlessly, ending with a highfive. Kayla couldn't control her laughter as I look in the mirror to see her filming us, she laughed so hard it was silent and somehow said "Danielle is definitely going to see this." As I pulled up to Danielle's house and leaned over to Ben

"Hey, keep her running" I said as I got out of the car. I ran up her front steps and knocked on her door to which she answered. She wore a stunning dress that came to her knees, and hugged her body, showing her curves. I grabbed her, spun her around and kissed her.