"Just stop," was all he said as he looked between the charm and my eyes to make a point. He dropped the pendent. He reached into his back pocket and pulled out what seemed to be a folded up piece of paper. He opened it, and handed it to me.

It was an old newspaper article from 1888, AKA the year that Jack the Ripper was on his rampage. It was an article about one of the latest crime scenes. In the article there was a picture of the body covered with a white sheet, and in the background you could make out three people. Two of them were obviously cops, and the other was obviously me.

I was in London during that time to track down that notorious killer and bring him to the Underworld. You all probably wondered why no one ever figured out his identity. It was because I caught him before the police could. He was currently being tortured by constant decapitation in Tartarus. Karma was a Bitch.

I let out a small sigh of defeat. Instead of trying to argue with him that it was just a distant ancestor, I instead asked, "How did you find this?"

"Last year I had to do a paper on Jack the Ripper with primary evidence. This was one of the articles I used. I spent hours looking over it. So, butter me surprised, when I first saw you I realized not only were you my mate and pretending to be a human, but also looked eerily familiar. It took me a day to finally place where I saw you from," he dictated in a monotone voice. Through his dipshit persona, he was actually smart.

"I must say, the late 1800's was not my best look," I said as I looked over my outfit in the faded printing of the newspaper. I wore a navy blue gown, yet due to the paper being in black and white, the gown only looked to be a light gray. I must say, fighting in a gown was a huge difficulty in itself.

"At first, when I realized it was you in this photo, I thought you were a Lycan, with the elongated lifespan and all, but you smell completely human. So then I thought of Witch, because it would not be out of the realm of belief to think you couldn't come up with a spell to mask your smell. I've heard of witches doing such, but never to the extent of completely covering up their smell and then emitting the aroma of a human," he stopped, still puzzled by that finding, "But than today, I noticed you with that Charm," he motioned to my neck, "and I knew for sure you were a witch. So, you can probably guess that I have a lot of questions. You look the same as you did in the 1800's, so are you drinking demon blood?"

I let out a laugh, "No! I'm not that stupid."

"Then how?" he asked. I guess I could tell him that I was the bounty hunter of Hades, and because of that, Hades gave me immortality to continue my work through the centuries. I just didn't know how he would react.

"Uh, my job makes me immortal," I said simply. It was a poor explanation, and if I had more time, I probably could have come up with a better one.

"And what is your job?" he asked. I rolled my eyes. Here we go...

"Well, you know, it's a job that allows me to live..." he cut me off.

"You can either just tell me what the hell is going on, or I can figure it out on my own," He paused and then continued, "I know that you pretended to be human to become friends with Mae. How do I know that? Well, besides me being the smartest person I know and extremely inquisitive, she was the only person you hung out with. You didn't give anyone else the time of day, not even your mate here. So, I knew something was up. And then, only one day into being friends with Mae, you bring her to a club and she gets poisoned. Coincidence? I think not," he lifted his hand in the air to make a point, "So either you tell me what is going on, or I turn you in for poisoning a pack member."

My heart rate accelerated. I knew there was no way out of this except the truth. I let out a sigh before I began, "I am a bounty hunter of Hades, and have been since 1735. I hunt down souls and deliver them to the Underworld to be tortured for all eternity."