Chapter 5

Adrien: When you get here, come up to my office - meeting with Nathalie and Sasha.

Marinette: I'll be there soon.

Marinette: Am I in trouble?

Adrien: Yes, yes you are.

Marinette: ......

Adrien: No! I'm kidding lol. It's just a routine meeting.

Adrien: I have coffee 😺

Marinette: I might forgive you then. See you soon 😊

Adrien leaned back in his seat, placing his phone down on the desk. Taking out his wallet, he pulled out a small photo of him and Marinette, the same one Alya had taken in the park.

"You know kid, your phone camera might be full of pictures of Ladybug, but Marinette is the one you carry around in your pocket." Adrien looked up at Plagg before looking back at the picture.

"I have a picture of me and Nino too." He retorted.

"Yeah, and you have one of your mum, but that's not the same thing though, is it?" Adrien looked away from Plagg and smiled to himself before the kwami ducked out of sight at the sound of the door opening.

"Good morning, how are you?" Her voice came, sounding like a melody. Adrien quickly tucked the photo back into his wallet and stood up to take the coffee over to her.

"It's a good morning now." He said with a flirtatious wink. For a moment there was a mischievous glint in his eyes that she couldn't quite get a handle on when Nathalie and Sasha came into the room.

"Good, everyone is here. Good morning Marinette, I hope we find you well today?" Nathalie looked up from her tablet, a small smile on her lips.

"I'm very well, thank you Miss Sancour." Marinette replied, taking a sip of her coffee. She wondered if Adrien was getting the coffee from that same little cafe they went to yesterday?

They took their seats on the lounge chairs, Adrien making a point to sit next to Marinette. She found herself catching her breath as his knee rested next to hers. Keep it together, she reminded herself, wouldn't want to make a fool of yourself in front of Nathalie and Sasha.

"Now there has been some scheduling changes this morning. We have an emergency repair that has been squeezed in and our apprentice seamstress is away sick." Marinette felt Adrien make a little fist pump next to her. When she looked up at him, he feigned innocence and it was all she could do not to burst out laughing. "Marinette, Sasha said you have been doing some excellent work and I would like for you to see the client and take this job on."

"I'd be happy too." She replied, although her nerves suddenly kicked up a gear. Adrien gave her a gentle shoulder bump and she smiled shyly.

"Adrien, the school is happy for your involvement in the second London store opening to be classed as your special project. Your cousin is handling the English end while you do the French. There is a meeting at 11am with the investors." Adrien looked down at his coffee cup, hesitating before he spoke.

"Will father be at the meeting?" He asked nervously. Nathalie stopped what she was typing to look up at him.

"He will be on the monitor via conference link. I'm sorry Adrien, you'll have to handle this one on your own again." Adrien slunk back into the seat. He might be the son of the boss, but these men were almost three times his age and just more than a little intimidating. Even with his father on the monitor, he would have prefered him in the room. Marinette looked with concern over at him, but he just shrugged and gave a sad smile.