prologue

All ideas in this story are fiction, including the use of company names, products, etc. The characters in the story are also fiction, with the exception of their names and looks. Read with caution. Events such as alcohol and drug abuse, sex, and violence shown in this book will not be supported outside of the story. The ideas in the story are all created by me (there will be credit to the supporter, if not), so please do not steal them! Thank you, and please don't forget to vote, comment, and enjoy!

***

As we walked together through the itchy grass, he glanced up at me every few minutes in reassurance that we were in this together. The sunlight filtered through the dense forest trees, scorching our bodies as we trudged on. The July summer heat showed no mercy just as our enemies wouldn't. My already tense nerves went haywire, breaking through my hard efforts to remain impassive. I didn't want to worry him, especially while I was aiding him on his most important run, but I couldn't help it. There was a possibility that something could go wrong when we arrived, and that possibility drove me crazy.

Resting my head against the tree nearest to me, I tried to compose myself. The bark was rough and scratchy, opposite of his touch. There was no comfort. The forest was silent but the world around me seemed so loud that my head started to spin. He was there in an instant, wrapping his gentle arms around me and pulling me to him.

I was reminded of the day you said you were too fucked up for my own good. You were right. But God, the way you wrapped your arms around my body, like this moment, always convinced me otherwise.

minor ideas used from: extrasad.tumblr.com 's writing pieces/themes & unknown tumblr user for bio and prologue