the beginning (third-person pov)

Emma stared up at Bertram with wide, pleading eyes. Tears streamed from the corners of her eyes as he raised the knife over her before plunging it into her wriggling torso. He continued to stab her again, and again, and again. The sound of her flesh ripping open with each new stab sent a cold chill down his spine. He stabbed her until she stopped moving and Bob grabbed his arm to prevent him from stabbing her again.

"Don't overdo it," Bob said, taking the red-stained blade from Bertram's tight grasp. "The more you stab the more blood we have to clean," Bertram stood, looking at the lifeless girl.

"Jessie," A voice called from inside the penthouse. Bob looked to Bertram, fear in his blue eyes.

"Luke?" Bertram called back, trying his hardest not to let his fear show

"Yeah, it's me. Where are you guys?" Luke's voice echoed closer.

"Don't come up here, Luke!" Bertram shouted, thinking quickly of an excuse. "I'm naked!" He cringed, it was a bad excuse, he only hoped Luke wouldn't think too much about it.

"Ew!" Luke shrieked "Okay- well Ravi, Zuri, Emma and I were going to the park and she came up to ask you..." His voice trailed off

"Emma just left..." Bertram hesitated "She and Jessie are going out on a girl's weekend. They've both been having boy problems,"

"Ew gross. Bertram, I sure hope ya'll aren't doing anything weird," Luke said with a chuckle

"No, no Luke. Just have fun, okay guys? And if you need anything call the house phone," Bertram let out a relieved sigh as he heard the clueless kids enter the elevator.

Bob let his tense shoulders relax.

"Jesus," Bob sighed, looking at the blood-covered man. "Well, " Bob reached for Emma's limp arm, "We gotta get this cleaned up,"

Bertram nodded, heading for the closet door. He pulled out the bleach, gloves, and a yellow bucket.

"No no no!" Bob hissed, "we have to get rid of the bodies before we clean up the blood."

Bertram nodded, dropping the supplies. He thought for a long moment about where they could but the bodies. "Mrs. Kipling's cage?" He suggested, looking to Bob for approval.

"Would she even eat it?"

"Probably," He shrugged. "It's our easiest option, too."

"Maybe Emma, but Jessie would be too much for the lizard."

Bertram rubbed his forehead wearily with a hand. "You're right. Well- Jessie has this secret spa room we could put her in? Would that work?" Bertram thought once more. "Or-" He began slowly. "We could," He coughed, not sure how Bob would feel about the idea. "Cook her?"

Bob looked up at Bertram, "Yes. That could work. Bertram, you're a genius!"

Bertram couldn't help but feel warm at his compliment, a pink blush dusting his cheeks. "We have to cut her up, though. I can get started on that if you take care of Emma?"

Bob hesitated, not knowing if he can trust him to do it properly. "Yes, "His voice shaking

Bertram seemed to sense his doubt. "I know how to cook, I can figure out how to cut up a human, it's just like any other type of meat. Cut it at the joints and cook it right." Bertram paused. "Do I cook all of her or just little bits and pieces at a time?"

"Bits and pieces, then freeze the remains."

"Alright." He nodded. "Just remember, don't eat any of it." Bertram didn't want anything to happen to Bob, he turned towards his room. "I'll see you soon, then?"