Chapter 14

Ariana's pov*

Looking at him in his wolf form made my heart skip a beat. His clouded blood-red eyes bore into mine as he sniffed the air and snapped into in my direction. A low growl erupted from his throat as he took a step toward me. The light illuminated his giant body even more then when he came into the room. He was definitely bigger than any average alpha and that was a fact. But the only thing that stood out was those eyes. What looked like held hate and anger, held the is the exact opposite. And alarming but soft look took place in those eyes; care, and love.

I stood there; dumbfound, by the thing- my mate, making it's way to me. Another low growl erupted from him and this time it felt dark. My mouth dropped open and no words could form. Fear. I felt fear. Why was I feeling it? I'm afraid I don't even know the answer to that. As on the other hand, Madison was just jumping up and down like a dog getting a finally getting a treat.

'Stop being scared, your making him mad.' Her face needed to hold disappointment but instead held a wolfy grin.

'Are you serious?! Do you see the size of him?'

'He's our mate. He wouldn't hurt us.' she simply said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

'Easy for you to say; last time I check you're not in this situation.' I growled.

'ugh, whatever. Now stop talking to me and embrace him, now!' Ha, I think the hell not.

'I'm sorry, I think you got me confused with the wrong person.'

'Come on-' she whined 'Just do it.' and before I could refuse again, she blocked me out.

"Deamon." forgetting Ace was still here my eyes snapped to his direction, silently pleading him to help me. I guess hearing my distress calls, he hurried and got up and made his way around the table, towards me. This was the first time I've ever seen uneasiness in Ace's eyes even if we've only known each other for a day. He always took me for a guy who never shows his emotions even if the situation was serious. Other then Xavier who had no mind expressing his emotions even when it is unneeded.

Xavier stopped his movements and bared his teeth at Ace. His hostile actions made my hands shake. Ace saw this and grabbed my hands as my shoulder to bring me away from Xavier, but that only earned him bloodthirsty growl from the wolf in front of me. Xavier took a threatening step to me and the eyes that were once soft were now dangerous.

"Deamon," Ace repeated again but that did not soothe him one bit. Xavier already looked hurt but he didn't mind ripping Ace's head off right now. Xavier looked directly at the man behind me and bared his teeth again as if saying 'step away from what is mine before I rip you apart.' but all Ace did was harden his face and disobeyed. And with this Xavier did let out any more warnings.

My throat felt really dry and my legs felt weak. And to make matters worse my hands were shaking like crazy. I felt wet liquid slid down my cheeks as my mouth kept opening and closing like a fish, but Xavier didn't pay any mind to this. I was now invisible to him. Xavier growled and got in a pouncing position. I felt Ace tense up from the action and his grip on me tightened. If Ace got scared this must be very serious.

Ariana come on! All that big shit you was talking to Xavier earlier, it's time to show him that it's true and not just all talk. As hard as it was to do anything right now, I had to. Xavier wants to go jump on Ace but yelled before he could.

"Stop!" I jammed my eyes shut and held breath. All movement stop and all you heard was my pounding heart. It's been a minute before I heard anything and just when I was about to open my closed eyes, soft fur was felt on the bottom of my hand. It was Xavier. He whimpered and he rubbed his head against my thigh. I opened my eyes as looked down at him. I was now not the one controlling my actions anymore. Something else was. I got on my knees and Xavier turned around and face me.

My hands rubbed against his giant head and down his neck. He wagged his tail and shoved his snout in my neck, taking in my scent. I giggled and softly moved his head away. I looked down, too afraid to look in his eyes. Afraid that I will see him. The wolf took notice and nudge my head up with his so I can look at him. I lifted my head up and looked at him. To my surprise, it wasn't Xavier. It was somebody else. Somebody soft, somebody loving. They weren't cold, distant, angry eyes. My eyebrows frowned and I spoke to him.

"If only he was like you, " he whimpered at the statement and my hands became slower with the ruffling. He licked the side of my face and eyes closed as the tears fell. My breaths become slower and I slowly started losing consciousness. My head felt heavy and I said my last words before I fell asleep,

"Deamon."

------------------------

Vote and comment!