What Happens When You Eat Watermelon Seeds?!

I'm off of school for the next 2 weeks because of COVID-19 (plus there's spring break so I have 3 weeks off). This gives me the opportunity to write more so there may be more updates depending on what my workload is from school 'cause I still have work assigned.

It had been a casual day of chilling on the patio in the backyard at the Yugi household until—

"Kyu! No!" Murasaki screeched, slapping a slice of watermelon out said boy's hands.

The younger started choking on the fruit in his mouth from shock. "S-Sa—" Kyurei coughed out.

"Aw shoot—" The violet haired girl rushed to get a glass of water.

Once Kyu had stopped wheezing and his best friend had assured Mr. Yugi that his son was fine and that she knew how to give CPR for these exact situations, the boy continued what he was going to say before his coughing fit.

"Saki-chan, why did you stop me from eating my watermelon? It was a really sweet slice too..." he pouted as he was very unamused at the situation.

Murasaki huffed, crossing her arms. "You almost ate a watermelon seed! You should be grateful 'cause I saved you from a nasty fate."

He looked up at the older with a bemused gaze.

"You didn't know?"

A shake of his head affirmed it all.

Murasaki put a hand to her chest proudly. "Then as your senior, I must teach you what happens when you eat a watermelon seed!"

"What happens when you eat watermelon seeds?!" A wave of panic was sent through the little boy's mind.

She paced around and picked up a seed from the plate of watermelon, showing it off between her thumb and pointer finger as she started her explanation. "See this here? This is a seed, and what do seeds do? They grow!"

Looking over her shoulder and pointing at Kyu's stomach, the expression on her face was one of worry. "Please don't tell me you swallowed one," she pleaded softly.

The little rascal gulped. "Um, I might've...accidentally...maybe..." He twisted the hem of his shirt nervously as he confessed.

Forgetting about the seed she was holding in her hand, Murasaki rushed to grab his hands and gave him a look that said that it was over. "Kyu.....Kyu I'm sorry but you're gonna..."

He braced himself for what he thought he was gonna hear next. I'm only six, I can't die now!

"...you're gonna start growing a watermelon in your tummy!" Mura teared up, hugging the smaller.

Kyurei was taken aback. "I-I what?" Now to you or me, this would be ridiculous, but to a small and susceptible child the fear of eating a watermelon seed was justified and crying at the thought of growing one was quite the appropriate way to handle such a laughable dilemma.

The kid was very much rattled. There was no way that what she was saying was true, right? But the more the boy thought about it the more he believed she couldn't be wrong. After all, she was older and much smarter than him.

Both children started to sob hysterically as they stared at each other, the situation settling in.

"I don't wanna have a watermelon!"

"I don't want you to have a watermelon either!"

Now, Amane was a first-time parent but he was doing pretty good (if he did say so himself) but he didn't know what to expect when he heard all the fuss. At first he was debating whether he needed to get involved or not but the ruckus didn't sound like something that would solve itself. Getting up from his computer, he ran to the rescue.