How Are Babies Made?

There's always a point in a child's life when they must know how they came into existence and many take that question to their parents. It's normal for children to want to know more than they should and the best way to satisfy that question is to make up an innocent story.

And of course little Kyurei was just as curious as ever. However, the couple was caught off guard yet again and didn't know how to explain it appropriately for their son's age.

"Amane, what are we supposed to tell him?" Nene whispered frantically as they stalled to come up with a story.

"You know, maybe it would save us the trouble later to just tell him the truth now," the male whispered back, shrugging.

Nene nearly screeched. "Hell no! He's five for goodness sake!"

"I got this, just— let me handle it."

The woman watched in horror as her husband approached the innocent little boy playing with his fox plushy (which looked a lot like an inari spirit).

"Kyurei," Amane called out, lifting  him into his arms and sitting him on his lap.

Kyurei was now focused solely on his father, squeezing his plushy in anticipation.

Amane can feel his wife's eyes on him, her nervous demeanor amusing. He grinned mischievously.

"Now my little wolf, to make a baby, a mommy and a daddy have to get in bed—ow!" a slap upside the head cuts him off and a ruby glare sends shivers down his spine.

The little boy's face was one of confusion. "Daddy are you okay?"

"Kyu, sweetie, your father is having a problem with his memory. It actually starts with a star." The blond haired woman smiled warmly at her son before glancing at her poor partner with a rather threatening face all the while pinching his arm painfully. "Right, darling?"

Amane yelped. "A-ah! That's right! It all begins with a star. A mommy and a daddy have to pick a star in the sky and observe it for a few months."

"Mhm. But before observing their chosen star, together they have to wish very hard with all their love and all their heart." Amane looked deeply into Nene's beautiful eyes as she continued explaining.

"It only works if the mommy and daddy love each other a lot, right?" Kyurei queried.

"That's right! After all the wishing, the mommy's tummy begins to grow." Nene gestured to her stomach, pretending to stroke a pregnant belly.

"How much wishing and love did you have to get me?" The little boy tilted his head, his curiosity on the subject furthering.

She cupped Kyu's adorable small face with one hand, her other hand grasping her love's. The couple looked at each other and, without looking away, answered in a heartbeat. "A whole heck of a lot of love."

Cutting into the precious moment, the little boy continued his interrogation. "Murasaki-chan told me that the mommy has to be cut open and that it hurts a lot. Is that really true?" Kyu trembled, the thought of his mother being split in two scaring the tyke. Aoi and Akane's oldest child, Murasaki, was a natural born leader and she prided herself in being extremely knowledgeable. But maybe this time the seven-year-old girl had gone and said something a little too scary to the young boy.

"Yes, Murasaki-chan is right, it's quite painful but the mommy is given medicine so it doesn't hurt as much." Nene reassured.

The black haired male grinned and said, "your mommy is very strong isn't she, Kyu?"

Kyu nodded, cheering, "just like Ladybug!"

"Yes, like Ladybug, but with big ankles." Amane teased. Another painful pinch.