Chapter 30

"Since when do you believe in destiny?" I ask. "Since the day I met you." She says and I can't help but smile. I pull her to me and connect our lips softly. We pull away and Billie says "Delaney, can I tell you something?"

"Sure, go ahead."

"I love you."

Delaney POV

"I love you." Her voice echoes in my brain. "What happened opened a new light, and I've felt that kind of fear in my life. You're the first person I've felt safe with since Que and my parents' arguing. I love you Delaney Glazer." She says.

I open my mouth but nothing comes out. I was in utter shock not sure what to say. She looks at me with hope in her eyes and I still say nothing.

"Maybe, I shouldn't have said anything. Forget abou-" I cut her off. "I love you." I say. She looks taken back and asks "Really?"

"I love you Billie Baird O'Connell." I connect our lips and the door swings open with a group of people falling on top of each other. And by people, I mean: Claudia, Finneas, Jah, Princess, Dani, and the twins.

They all groan as they get up. They stare at us and Princess says "So y'all say the l word yet?" I tilt my head looking at her. "You heard us dumbass." Billie says. "What? No I didn't." Princess' tone changes and Dani kicks her in the shin.

"Way to be slick dumbass!" Dani says. "Ow! You bitch!" Princess yells. "When can I go home?" I ask. "They said that bullet didn't hurt any vital organs, so you can leave whenever you ready."

"Good. I wanna go home." I say. "Are you sure?" Dani asks. "Yes, I'm sure." I say. "We'll get your get things and leave." Eli says and I nod. "Mommy?" I hear and I see Acelynn by the doorway hiding.

"Hello mommy's girl." I say opening my arms out and she runs into them and I pull her up placing her on my lap. "How are you babygirl?" I ask and she looks down before muttering "I'm scared."

"Aw, what's wrong?" I whisper in her ear. "They said mommy get hurt." She says pointing to me. "Mommy's okay, you see I'm fine. Don't be scared, I'll protect you." I tell her and she hugs me.

"Where's Addy?" I ask. "DeDe!" Addy says and Billie picks her up putting her near me.

"Hello Angel." I say. She waves at me smiling before messing with my hair.

-°°°-

Delaney POV

I was now home with everyone babying me. I just got out of the shower and I realize that I have 2 scars from the bullets but I felt completely normal.

I shrug and my phone rings, I see that it's my manager Kiara calling me.

"Hello." I say when I answer. "Hey, I heard what happened, are you okay?" She asks. "I'm fine, thanks for asking." I reply.

"I'm really sorry that happened. I was going to talk to you about a tour with your dance group, but after this. I think you should take a break." Kiara says.

"I'm fine, really and did you just mention a tour?" I ask.

"Yeah, you and the dance crew are gaining a lot of recognition, and I was able to develop a tour. But you don't have to do it if you can't."

"No, I can do it. When can we meet up?"

"Uh now? In my office. I'll send security to your house in a few."

"Great." I say hanging up. "Who were you talking to?" Billie asks walking into the bedroom. "Uh manager." I reply looking for my new sweatpants.

"Are you going somewhere?" Billie asks. "Yeah, I'll be back in a few hours."

"Baby, I don't think it's safe for you to go out right now. You were hurt, maybe you should stay on the down low for a while."

"Billie, I was only shot and I survived. Kiara said she'll send security over."

"But Delan-" I cut her off "I'll be okay my love. I promise." She nods before looking down fiddling with her fingers. I find my clothes and I change quickly before kissing her forehead and walking out.

Billie POV

When Delaney leaves, I fall onto the bed and Jahseh walks in. "Did you tell her yet. She just left." He says.

"No, I didn't tell her. How am I supposed to tell her?" I ask him.

"I have no idea, but tell her soon Bil. You need to. "I can't just say 'Elinor and Que were bailed out and are now roaming freely around the city'." I say.

"I know but you'll find a way." Jah says and he walks out.

Delaney POV

"So tour." I say when I sit down in front of Kiara. "Are you sure about this?" She asks. I nod and she sighs "Alright, then I already have dates, your first gig is March 9th in Apex, North Carolina." My smile fades immediately.

"That's the same day as Billie's first show of her tour, I told her I would be there." I say.

She gives me an awkward smile "I forgot to mention that you and Billie will both be touring this year around the same time." She adds.

"What?" I ask. "I said you and B-"

"I heard you. Give me the rest of the dates." She hands me a paper and I scan the dates and I look at Kiara in anger. "You did this on purpose." I tell her.

"Did what on purpose?" She asks confused. "We literally have shows on the same days but in different cities. You did it on purpose and you know it you did, you made it impossible for us to see each other." I say.

She says nothing and looks down. I throw the paper at her and she gasps. I get up and she says "Wait! I'm sorry. I had to keep you guys apart from each other to dial your relationship down. You were almost killed because of it. I though maybe if the media didn't see so much of you guys together, maybe you wouldn't be targeted."

"Don't worry about me! Change the dates." I say. She fiddles with her fingers "I can't. I already confirmed it." She says quietly.

"You son of a bitch. Then I won't do the tour." I say.

"Delaney, you said that it was a dream of yours to be a dancer and get fame for it. This is your chance, you want to let it all go just for a girl?" She says.

I don't say anything and she says "Think about it please."

I've decided to keep this book going...

What do you think Delaney should do? Go on tour with Billie or go on her tour which has been a dream she always had?