Review: Darkling Academy

Review by: @floatingMagpie

Review for: @Alana2215

Title: Darkling Academy

I was actually going to read this anyway so that made it a bit easier for me :P

Cover: 5/5
The font you (or someone who made your cover) used was beautiful! The color scheme is appealing to the eye and the girl's outfit is a big wow.

First impressions/Title: 2/2
My first impression was: fantasy. It looked like the "girl goes to magic school" type of book. Also it seemed the kind of book the author worked really hard on! The title was also intriguing and described the main setting/object? in the book.

Blurb: 3/3
The blurb immediately drew me in and probably a lot of other people too.

Author's note: 1/1
You have nailed the author's note! It included the aesthetics of your character's which was also really nice.

Plot: 7/10
The plot was perfect. Plot twists and cliffhangers behind every corner. The description was impressive and detailed, but in my opinion there was way too much of it. It was intriguing at first, but then it just went on and on and on. Please stay at a maximum of two adjectives when describing an object or person.

Characters: 5/5
Alexis, Hannah and the mystery bad guy all had their personalities described really well! Personally, Hannah is my favorite :)

Genre: 1/1
In the form you said it's genre was paranormal and that fits very well. I'll just add that it could work as a teen fiction/YA too!

Total: 24/27

Percentage: 89%

Grade: A